• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rumors? A more powerful NC700X in the works?

happy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.nc700-forum.com
Hi all

Now don't accuse me of starting rumours but I overheard my friend (who is researching for a new bike) say that Honda is perhaps going to upgrade our NC700 to perhaps a little more PS to differentiate from the new CB500s. This may mean another +10PS or +10Nm?
To think logically, this could be the way to go to fill in the full market segment.

Any other people out here who has read or heard something?

PS: No, I am not going to sell and trade up even if that is true.
:p

I still don't understand why Honda didn't just offer the DCT option on some of its tried-and-true platforms like the 1300ST or even (gasp!) the Goldwing or its newest iteration the F6B which was unveiled at the motorcycle show(s). I would be willing to bet that a Goldwing rider would appreciate having one less thing to do while listening to the radio, drinking coffee, etc.

Larger "New Concept" bikes, yes. A more powerful NC700, I doubt. How would you get more power from the NC700? You would need to spin it faster and/or increase the displacement and air flow. Either one defeats the original purpose of the engine design, so I don't see why Honda would pursue it.

I still don't understand why Honda didn't just offer the DCT option on some of its tried-and-true platforms like the 1300ST or even (gasp!) the Goldwing or its newest iteration the F6B which was unveiled at the motorcycle show(s). I would be willing to bet that a Goldwing rider would appreciate having one less thing to do while listening to the radio, drinking coffee, etc.

The VFR1200F uses the dual clutch.

I would not be at all surprised to see some kind of Adventure bike,,something akin to the Africa twin,,,,

Yeah, after the AT750, the Honda line up is missing a "real PD" machine.
The 800 does not cut it because it is not really an offroad bike.
There is no 750cc twin which can match those KTMs and BMWs.
Hmm.

We will just wait. Not every one now "wants" a PD-like bike anymore. I think most of us have come down to earth and want a NCX type of bike. Good on the road, looks great and is easy on the wallet.
:p

Back