• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sticky seat release to gas cap.

Oldenuf

Reaction score
Visit site
If the seat latches seem to be reluctant to release. Open the seat and turn the key and notice if one side seems to hang up a bit. Apply a thin oil such as Triflow etc. to the mechanism and work it, with the seat open, back and forth a bit by hand or with the key and loosen it up a bit it get it to release easier. After working the mechanism a bit mine loosened and now releases nicely without one side hanging up.

Art

Last edited:
Mine seems to release okay, but when I close the seat one side often doesn't seem to latch properly. I have found I can latch it with a gentle crushing blow to the seat above the latch.

If the seat latches seem to be reluctant to release. Open the seat and turn the key and notice if one side seems to hang up a bit. Apply a thin oil such as Triflow etc. to the mechanism and work it, with the seat open, back and forth a bit by hand or with the key and loosen it up a bit it get it to release easier. After working the mechanism a bit mine loosened and now releases nicely without one side hanging up.

Art

Mine did exactly this just last night. I guess I know what I will be doing this evening. Thanks Art

Art

Mine has no such problems.
But thanks for the tip.

Wait a minute, I know why I don't spot this problem...
I have not been riding and when I do, I seldom need to fill up!
:D
My NCX is a recreational weekend bike for me.
:p

A couple times now I have swiped a little bit of silicone grease on the strikers of the seat latches to keep the buttery feel releasing the seat.

A couple times now I have swiped a little bit of silicone grease on the strikers of the seat latches to keep the buttery feel releasing the seat.

On mine when I had the seat up I could see that one side moved slow and would hang up, so grease on the strikers was not helping. I added a few drops of oil at places on the latch, and worked the latch with the rod that crosses between the latches could free it up from it being new and tight, and worked the oil into the latch.
After reading the review from "Glorybike" where they bent a key with the latches not wanting to release I felt the problem was more common than just with my NC. The storage trunk on my has always released OK, but I went ahead and got some oil into the latches anyway.

Art

Back