• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Electronic Shop Manual Format?

Cagedodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know if there's a digital copy of the Honda shop manual for the NC700X for sale (legally)? I'd be extremely pleased if there were some sort of combo available with a free digital copy with purchase of the printed shop manual. You can't replace the "feel" of a tangible copy. You also can't replace the convenience of a digital copy.

There's two main needs/wants for this. First is that it's a lot easier to look up procedure references on an old laptop in my garage (with a search/find function) than guessing how things come apart via flipping through a manual manually. Second (and more importantly) is that I like to have a digital copy of the breakdown instructions with pictures so that I can blow-up the pictures and print them out on card-stock. This gives me a fool-proof place to keep screws and bolts when I disassemble (use a blade to make a small "X" in the cardstock print on the image to illustrate where the bolt or screw came from, then push the screw/bolt through). This is the most stress-free way I've ever come across for maintenance processes.

I am waiting and watching this thread as I am interested if anyone has a link to this manual?

Since Helm supplies the official Honda paper service manual, you could contact them and ask about an electronic version. They should know.

I suspect there is no such official electronic manual, and any that you might come across are illegal copies or scanned paper manuals.

Cagedodger, ingenious idea on the print outs and fastener placement! A picture is worth 1,000 er...bolts? ha ha.

This is what the dealers use (or have the option to use), is it not? A computer-based electronic version of the service manual? I feel completely confident that there is such a beast. Whether Helm makes it generally available, I could not say.

Cagedodger, ingenious idea on the print outs and fastener placement! A picture is worth 1,000 er...bolts? ha ha.

Thanks! It's a technique that I highly recommend!

Considering most of my rides have been encased in plastic, this method comes in VERY handy. Here's a picture of when I stripped the hard candy shell off my MP3 to fabricate highway pegs.
5144110190_0d62a7615b.jpg

Not one lost or even misplaced screw. No way I could have kept up with the parts without doing this, especially since I got the notion do start that one on a weekday afternoon in Winter. Considering that I was working on my back "patio" slab, this was a multi-day project. This was also before I built my garage, heh.

If an aftermarket company makes a digital version of the shop manual I don't mind paying. If Honda makes the digital shop manual it doesn't seem unreasonable to get a copy for free... considering how I bought their bike and all. We could call it even for the "tool kit" joke they pulled on me.

I think it may be an intellectual property issue with Honda. I've noticed that with more recent products from Honda, the electronic version i.e. PDF version has not been made available. I remember having the option to purchase the electronic version of the Service Manual for my 2008 Wing and I did. It was DVD based with the various PDF's included.

It is an IP issue.
Some forums have a policy against distributing copyrighted material.
Don't know what the policy is here as I am a fresh n00b.

Back