• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Plastic Clip Removal

Kafn8td

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm getting ready to install heated grips and a power outlet on the NC700X. It looks to me like the clips that hold the panels on might be pretty easy to break. Does anyone have any advice or a tools that aids in removal?

This is the first bike I've had that has anything like this, the KTM and Triumph just have good ol screws and bolts.

It also helps to have the Service Manual. However, if you don't have it, then just take your sweet time so as not to break little hooks on the plastics. As for the clips, I use my thumb nail to push down. You can then remove them. To reset, you have to gently pry out the bottom ends of the clip while pushing back up above the head of the clip by about 1/8".

Last edited:
They are tougher than they look. Most of them on my ST1300 are original and I've had the Tupperware off numerous times in 115,000 miles. Just pop in the central button with the tip of a Phillips screwdriver or pen and gently pry them out with a thin blade screwdriver if fingernails can't quite get it. Careful to push the button back out before reinserting it.

The plastic clip that closes the document compartment story: I wanted to get the owners manual out of the document compartment to read how to unlock the clip - but the clip was holding me back cause it locked the compartment. So I broke the clip trying to open the compartment! HA! The instructions on how to use the clip were behind the clip in the owners manual.

Honda 1
Me 0

Had a small problem with this little bugger today... one of the pawls seemed to be stuck, but it finally surrendered.

Back