• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

BiLT clothing

G

glenbo

Does anyone have experience with the BiLT line of riding gear that is sold by Cycle Gear? They have a sale on now, some of their winter stuff. I'm looking for jacket and pants that don't cost an arm and leg and will be adequate for the mild weather we have on Texas Gulf Coast. I just can't bring myself to wear my black Harley leathers on a Honda.

I have some gloves and freeze out garments, they are good and holding up well. So for inexpensive products I think a good value. I was in my local Cycle gear store the other day and they have a new "Explorer" line that is more expensive than some of the name brands. They also have numerous "sales" of 50% or more off.
ed

I have a summer textile jacket and pants. Similar to Joe rocket stuff if you had to compare. It's nice to have a value priced option, but I HATE that their stores have now pushed out just about every major brand in favor of their BiLT brand. I rarely visit their stores anymore because of this.

Thanks for info. We're going this afternoon to the store in So. Houston to see what their clothing is like in person.

Flying out to Florida, Fort Myers on Tuesday for a holiday, stopping with an old mate who has a place in Port Charlotte. looking forward to some fishing, beer and meals out.
Will take a look at some m/cycle clothing to take advantage of our different costs of living, is it expected or reasonable to ask for discounts on marked up prices in stores?

Does anyone have experience with the BiLT line of riding gear that is sold by Cycle Gear? They have a sale on now, some of their winter stuff. I'm looking for jacket and pants that don't cost an arm and leg and will be adequate for the mild weather we have on Texas Gulf Coast. I just can't bring myself to wear my black Harley leathers on a Honda.

Cycle Gear always has a sale. If you see something you want, just wait and at some point it will be half price. You never pay list price.

They are like the Harbor Freight of motorcycle gear. The stuff is not bad for the price, but not top quality either. Half of the things I've bought, I've returned because of poor fit or quality, but I have kept and used other items.

Sometimes the staff is not top quality either . .

Greg

I equate _most_ of it to the stuff sold by Leatherup(.com). Whether that's good or bad is a matter of perspective/preference, I suppose(?).

ok inexpensive stuff but the textiles are not very breathable. make sure you go over the things you buy in detail to check that everything is there and accounted for. I bought some pants and the hip pads were missing from the pockets. My fault, I should have checked this out before I left the store. Now they can't seem to find these pads.

Be sure to check all the stitching before you buy. We've had a jacket we had to return because of the stitching. All our gear is Bilt and Freeze-Out. Their return policy is "no questions asked, 100% satisfaction guaranteed". I have no problem with Bilt products and will continue to buy them.

And the staff at our local Cycle Gear is knowledgeable and friendly.

Last edited:
Thanks, all. And to Belinda K, I agree with you. I bought an Explorer jacket and pants, gloves, and helmet package. It's really well put together, fits great, all stitching is double sewn, it's decent quality clothing. Pricing was just what I was looking for. And the people at the store I went to were as helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable as anyone could be. I also picked up a couple of pieces of freeze-out and need to go back for a couple more, now that I know how well they work.

I bought the "freeze-out" glove liners. They ran really small and I split the seem the first time I made a fist. A few months later the weather changed and I bought the Bilt mesh jacket and padded mesh pants. They are comfortable and breathable. The only oddity is the zipper on the jacket zips backwards, like a girls jacket. Eh, nobody notices. I do suggest you ask for the sale price at Cycle Gear, even if not on sale. They gave me the 50% off deal on my daughters helmet even through it was not on sale (at that minute!)

I have to say that the people at Cycle Gear here are great.They know me by first name and took back all 3 pairs of boots I bought that leaked.And YES they will give you the sales price AFTER the sale ends !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe Sedici is Cycle Gears other brand. Prob not the best, but I like it more than the BiLT stuff.

Just bought some pants the other day that are really nice. Unfortunately I need a tall inseam pant and these are about two inches short in riding position.

I believe Sedici is Cycle Gears other brand. Prob not the best, but I like it more than the BiLT stuff.

Just bought some pants the other day that are really nice. Unfortunately I need a tall inseam pant and these are about two inches short in riding position.

Yes it is,it's there premuim brand.But I tried Sedici boots and they leaked just as bad as the Bilt boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have bought some Bilt gear. I feel it's decent Quality for a good price. Most of the Bilt line has a 5 year warranty. I like it because they usually have plenty of gear to try on in my size. I have bought stuff mail order and it doesn't fit right or something went wrong with it. The hassel of sending stuff back and forth through the mail sucks. I am one who usually look for a bargain and I feel that Cycle Gear stuff is as good and safe as anything else I can afford. Just my $.02 worth.

Almost all of my gear is BILT. I have had one issue with a loop on the velcro fastener, but for the price they can't be beat and the staff at my store is always very helpful.

Today I bought the Sedici Arturo mesh pant from cycle gear. Wore them for the ride home and really liked them. Much better/safer than wearing jeans. Paid full price and upon my arrival home, I see they are discounted 20% on their website. I now have to contact them to get this discount. Too bad they don't discount the store items to match the web site pricing.

Back