• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Difference between 2016 and 2018 models

Chriswright

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone my first post here so be gentle with me please. I am just in the process of purchasing a brand new NC750X for use here in the North of Cyprus. Having moved here from the UK last year and given up biking which we used to do at least once a month no matter what the weather we have decided that the winter here is about the same as the Spring in the UK so may as well make the use of the weather and get out on a bike again.

So one of the things I think it is essential to have on a water cooled bike is a radiator guard. Looking to buy one but is the 2016 year bike the same as the 2018 and will the radiator guard for a 2016 fit a 2018 does anyone know? I would hate to get the thing over here and find out it doesn't fit because the model has changed.

I will put pictures up when I get it which is at the start of next month due to us having to return to the UK to collect are bike clothing which turns out to be half the cost of buying new here even with the costs of flights and car hire taken into consideration.

Thanks for any assistance.

Greetings. I looked at 2 different sites with exploded diagrams for those two bikes and the part number is the same for both radiators so I think it would be safe to assume that the radiator guards would be interchangeable, Enjoy that new bike and that wonderful weather.
>Thom

Thom thanks for that. Could I ask where did you find those sites please? They may come in handy for other stuff. For example I am considering a rear hugger but Pyramid plastics seem to have different ones for different years and looking on Ebay I may end up with something that isn't right.

As for that weather well it threw it down with rain all day yesterday! Our plan is to buy vented jackets so we can ride when it is quite warm and I think we may get 8 months where we will be able to ride in comfort.

For online reference purposes, I usually use the exploded drawings at Babbits Honda Parts House or hondaparts-direct.

We've had lots of rain of late but it has been so cold that it all came down as white, fluffy rainflakes. ;-)
>T

FWIW, we own both a 2016 and a 2018 and other than color and a couple minor upgrades, the two bikes are identical and parts 98% interchangeable.

Thanks for that. Good to know if buying parts. Just looking at cases and mounts for my phone now and can't recall what the handlebars look like or where best to put it. Be better when I get the bike but the postal service here is unreliable at best so need to sort something on my short visit back to the UK next week.

Back