• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New windscreen "guaranteed" to increase our mpg??!!

Rapturee

Reaction score
Visit site
PARABELLUM Replacement Windshield for the Honda NC700X

Although i am familiar with some of the owners personal achievements in the "better MPG" world and his personal friendship with AMA Hall-of-Famer Craig Vetter, i have never met him nor do i know him personally, nor have i been compensated in any way for posting something i read and wanted to share with the group. So, with that disclaimer being made clear.... The owner Charlie claims that his design of windscreen actually increases the MPG on the NC....

Has anyone ever ran a Parabellum windscreen on one of their bikes..?? I am tempted to try one and see for myself... :{)

Is there published data available on his MPG testing? Sounds a bit phony to me.

The shield has been around for the NC for awhile but no one ever mentioned an efficiency increase. The shape of the Parabellum always reminds me of a police riot shield.

hahahaha, the Police Riot Shield was my first thought to as i have stood behind them more then a few times!! I have no idea about any published gains. I do however know that he is one of the Pioneers of fuel mileage back in the day. He has personally won several events and built shields and fairings for many others who have achieved their own successes.

Here is one the owner Charlie built and his son Max raced in a Vetter Fuel Mileage Contest. Neat to see his craftsmanship at work, seriously putting his claims to the test and It's a great read!

2011 Mid Ohio Craig Vetter Fuel Economy Challenge results

:{)

Last edited:
As a retired police sergeant who's job was to run the pepper fogger for the guys holding the shields, I would like to hear more from Rapturee.

When I taught in the police academy I always told the recruits how important it was to protect the gas man. Hell, why not? In ten seconds on full roar I could fog out a hundred yards. Good times.

Back