• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda NC700X Service Manual

drseth

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

When I bought my bike back in October, the service manual was not in stock. Are they available now? If so, what is the item number?

Seth Anderson

I waited for about 2 months when ordering through my local dealer and still never got it. Went in a couple times to ask too. They said they would submit another fax and wait and see. I eventually got a refund and ordered it straight from Helm, here:

2012 NC700X Service Manual - Helm Incorporated

I got it a week later using the slowest, cheapest shipping option.

I ordered mine from Helm in sept when I bought the bike. Have to call Helm as it isn't listed on their site. Had it in about a week. Maybe I just have good luck because I ordered a centerstand the day I bought and had it two days later where others have had to wait months

Do you know what carrier Helm uses? I don't remember receiving any "order shipped" notifications nor any tracking numbers. It would be nice to know what the status of that order is. I should probably just call them.

I ordered mine from Helm in sept when I bought the bike. Have to call Helm as it isn't listed on their site. Had it in about a week. Maybe I just have good luck because I ordered a centerstand the day I bought and had it two days later where others have had to wait months

It is on theirsite now, hence the link I posted earlier.

I just checked the status online. The order was placed on December 15th and at the moment it's "IN SHIPPING DEPT". I hope it's not sitting on someone's desk, covered up by papers and forgotten.

Probably never will be a downloadable version that's not somehow a pirated copy. Have owned four Hondas and never saw a legit e-version of their service manuals.

Thanks for the info.

I was just asking to know because as you can see in Angola is hard still to get some stuff :)

It should be standart to come in every bike though...

Ride safe!

I believe every manufacture I know of has contracted with Helms for all manuals. They sell thousands to a fixed client, the dealers have to purchase the manuals its in their contract.
Manuals are sent to the dealers and placed on the dealership monthly parts billing, like it or not here they come. On line will never happen, way to much money involved.8.jpg

SmileyLetter.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
On line will never happen, way to much money involved.

Never say never..............many auto companies including HONDA........have discontinued paper manuals on new models, so the online is the only option. Hope it does not happen, but motorcycle may not far behind. Paper is expensive.:eek:

Any usefull official honda IOS app that might have it?

In this time we should have already those kind of gadget available, offcourse we would pay for it if those are the rules, but at least it would be accesible even to Robinson Crusoe if he got signal.

Their profit would be sooooooo much higher like that.

The main reasons the auto companies moved to online svc manuals, IMO, are:

Faster updating of information,
Much lower production cost,
MUCH higher revenue AND profit via not lowering the price despite no longer having printing costs, and by having dealers pay a monthly fee for access, forever.

Printed manuals remain useful and important for individual owners, IMO, because it's not cost-effective to pay a permanent monthly fee for access to a manual.

Back