• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

official Honda centre stand - defect

Whiteknuckle

Reaction score
Visit site
Be careful if you get and install yourself the official Honda Centre stand.

I ordered one a week ago and arranged to have it installed by dealer on August 10. I considered doing it myself but glad i did not.

Dealer installed it. Tested its action and SNAP. The bolt broke. They ordering my a new stand for next week. This dealer is reputable so probably
would not have had a problem if i returned with the broken bolt. But it is possible they blame a faulty install and give me a hard time over it.
Also could have been bad if it did not break at dealer but later on and bike falls over.

Be careful if you get and install yourself the official Honda Centre stand.

I ordered one a week ago and arranged to have it installed by dealer on August 10. I considered doing it myself but glad i did not.

Dealer installed it. Tested its action and SNAP. The bolt broke. They ordering my a new stand for next week. This dealer is reputable so probably
would not have had a problem if i returned with the broken bolt. But it is possible they blame a faulty install and give me a hard time over it.
Also could have been bad if it did not break at dealer but later on and bike falls over.

Which bolt broke, the spring hook on the right, or the 6mm socket bolt on the left? Could the failure be the result of the dealer over tightening it? Or, do you have reason to think the bolt was defective before installation?

Edit to add: The 2012 version installation document does give torque specs for both of these bolts. You might want to quiz the dealer about the torque specs and see how they respond. This was, after all, an inconvenience for you to have to take the bike in again for a second installation.

https://powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08M70-MGS-A30.pdf

Last edited:
That was exactly what I was thinking as I read the post. Those dealer boys working on flat rate save lots of time with an air drive impact wrench instead of a torque wrench.

Stopped in at dealer first thing this morning. They installed the replacement stand. All is good now

Was disappointed last week so did not think to ask which bolt broke. But i asked mechanic today, (same mechanic as last week) said it was the bolt with the spring that broke on other one.

Back