• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New to me NC750x - front brake question

shua73

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey there.

After a decade away from riding, I almost bought a Vespa for it's commuting practicality, and then stumbled across a 2014 NC750x with some nice accessories for a great price (and only 7800km on the clock). After just a few hundred KM ridden (some 1-up, some 2-up) I think I made a great choice.

I have noticed a front vibration when on the brake between 16 and 19 km/h. I'm assuming a warped disc or something, but has anyone else experience this?

Thanks!

I have experienced a bent disk because I accidentally bent it on a tire change. The bend was not visible and I couldn’t even measure run out with a dial indicator, but I just had to assume it was bent. I bought and installed a used brake disk from eBay and the vibration on braking was gone.

You might try first cleaning the disk all the way around with brake cleaner, using a non abrasive scrubber pad.

Sounds like it is not too bothersome. You can test it with some emergency stop practice. If your satisfied you can put it on the inspection list when you replace the front tire. Welcome to the forum :)

I have come across this issue on other bikes from varying manufacturers. Of course it could be a slightly warped disc, but it could also be a slight variation in the quality of the material in the disc at a particular point. I believe it can also come from a slight glazing of the disc in a particular location. What has worked on occasion is to rub down the disc with a fine emery paper all over and this allows the pads to form a fresh relationship with the disc. If that doesn't work then a replacement disc is the only option. I have had to go down that route on a couple of occasions. However if the problem is not severe I mostly have lived with it.

I have noticed a front vibration when on the brake between 16 and 19 km/h. I'm assuming a warped disc or something, but has anyone else experience this?

Hi,
I have the same exact vibration but 2 different experienced guys told me that it should be because of the brake disc design and its "cuts". Somehow at low speed there is a specific frequency for that vibration to occur.
I'm still not convinced. Please share if you find any other information on this issue.

Thanks

Back