• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

DCT GearBox Problem

Billucky

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello there..

My Honda NCX700 DCT just had a problem. :(

The ABS bulb is on continuously and i can only swift to the 1 gear only. Either in D mode or S mode or Automatic mode I cannot change gear after the 1st.
Does anybody know whats wrong with it??

Is the bike on the centerstand?
I read somewhere that this bike can't be dyno tested because
it won't shift out of first if the front wheel is not spinning.

Is the bike on the centerstand?
I read somewhere that this bike can't be dyno tested because
it won't shift out of first if the front wheel is not spinning.

If the abs light is on sounds like the front abs sensor is bad or unpluged. Check the wires going to your front abs sensor.

If the abs light is on sounds like the front abs sensor is bad or unpluged. Check the wires going to your front abs sensor.

Check for crud on the ABS sensor too. I had a build up of filth throw the ABS light on my last bike.... after a good clean it was as new.

trey

Is the bike stock, no acc, that could cause a problem.. IF SO TAKE IT TO YOUR DEALER, HAVE HIM RUN A HEALTH CHECK ON IT. VERY IMPORTANT TO GET A CODE ON THE PROBLEM BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WORKS ON IT.

Hi, the ABS light will only go off after you have reached 10 mph. Since you are not being able to shift gears I suspect your speed cannot go over 10mph hence the light still on.
Take it to the dealer - best advice!

I had a different problem with my DCT today. For the first 20 miles of my ride the bike wouldn't downshift manually. I finally put it into manual mode and shifted through the gears a few times and it started working correctly. Everything worked fine automatically. It wasn't a good morning since my new Garmin started screwing up also. After a while it started working correctly. I hate electronics!

I had a different problem with my DCT today. For the first 20 miles of my ride the bike wouldn't downshift manually. I finally put it into manual mode and shifted through the gears a few times and it started working correctly. Everything worked fine automatically. It wasn't a good morning since my new Garmin started screwing up also. After a while it started working correctly. I hate electronics!

make sure you bike is on a battery charger when sitting, any voltage drop on a dct model with affect shifting, cold weather will make this worse with low voltage. dale

make sure you bike is on a battery charger when sitting, any voltage drop on a dct model with affect shifting, cold weather will make this worse with low voltage. dale

My NCX DCT is fairly new, but morning temp was 26 F (-3 C) and DCT shifted fine and battery wasn't on charger. I hope issues don't develop.

Just to point out. The first thing I would check is OIL. The proper weight and meeting the required specs since the DCT is operated via oil pressure.

Secondly, check the TRANSMISSION filter. Make sure its intact, and fitted correctly. I believe this is a reverse flow filter, as the oil enters the center of the filter and exits though the sides (still trying to confirm this, but my Honda dealer mechanic stated this)

Bike spec is 10w-30. Does this matter more when you have a DCT? I don't know. Still researching this too!

I have 10w-40 in my bike. Also the service manual has it listed. I use heated clothes & have a battery condition indicator on the bike. One time wile using my heated gear, I got stuck at a light and the battery indicator went to red. When I started out it took the bike about 1/4 mile to recover the loss, but it shifted ok.

Back