• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Bike day today

Whiteknuckle

Reaction score
Visit site
so as per the Canadian model features page. Got to dealer today around 1130. Bike was on the showroom floor waiting for me.
Nice looking bike. I am mostly happy i got it. The one thing missing that it was supposed to have i guess i can get over it. What is that you say?
the Showa dual bending forks. Not there. I did consider telling dealer to cancel the whole deal. But other than that i do love the bike. And not having
the Showa, not even sure if i would notice or miss it. I do not ride sporty at all. I am the king of chicken strips. I guess i could later on upgrade the suspension
if i wanted to and probably would be something better than the stock showa.

the ride comfort seemed very good. Nice having more room to stretch out compared to the Fz07. The bike does have traction control and LED front / back lights.
Only put around 50km on it. I like to get off the roads by 1500 as rush hour traffic sux big time around here. Going to be a great weekend weather wise so will go on
longer ride on Saturday and Sunday

as for the seat. it is nicely textured and slopes back. I will find out tomorrow how comfy it is long distance. Oh and it came with Bridgestone BT502 tires. Took it easy on corners but the
Bridgestones seemed to be nice and grippy.

picture of the seat and left grip showing traction control button.

K7TTYwfl.jpg

afKMfrCl.jpg

Hi Whiteknuckle. Congratulations on your new bike! I’m sure you will love it. I bought the DCT version as well, last year, and it is great. I don’t miss the clutching and shifting at all (well, maybe just a little). I wouldn’t worry about the forks - the bike is great. The seat on your bike looks more comfortable than mine. And the traction control is something new. Enjoy your new bike!

Ian

hello easterncoyote. the Showa forks not being there was a disappointment. I am sure they probably are better but i have never had a bike with anything but stock suspension and i never noticed anything lacking.
(well maybe the CBR250R pogo sticks :) ) I have had 2 other NC750 in the past. A 2014 NC750S standard and a 2016 NC750X DCT.
The 2018 has the front LED headlight, looks pretty cool and really bright.(did the 2017 NC have LED headlight?) But it is a bit erksome that the NC is supposed to be a world bike. Why arent all the bikes the same. Why does the EU get those features and not North America.
Be interesting to see if the USA NC get the Showa forks.

Wont miss shifting at all either. Tho a few times today for a brief nano second my reflex was to reach for the clutch when slowing down. I wont miss riding the fz07 especially on the hwy. Being a naked bike the wind got pretty intense and
tiring at times.

At least this time around my new bike day the weather was fantastic and more to come for the next few days. Usually new bike day it is rainy / damp or overcast.

Whoa! Hey, wait a minute, what!? The seat slopes back!? If that seat is fairly comfortable, and IF, I say IF it retro fits the earlier NC700's....think of it. I have a Shad seat on mine which isn't too bad, so I think I'm fine. But any way congrats on the new bike! Enjoy, and keep us posted.

Congrats on the new bike! Some interesting changes to the new bikes that look like may be a big improvement for the out of the box experience for new owners. Keep us posted on how you get along with it.

Congrats! I'm curious about the higher red line; if there's any benefit in the extra 1,000 rpm. But I don't expect feedback on that for a while!

not too sure about the red line bump from 6600 to 7500. The marking on the dash still shows it at 6600. Will have to try out manual mode and see when rev limiter kicks in.

as for today. What a great day for a ride. Started with 43km on odo and put it away with over 400km. Went from downtown Vancouver to Hope. (around 120km). Combined slower hwy / hwy and countryside roads
on way out. And a countryside road on way back. Loving the bike. Only complaint was the windscreen. On way out anything over 100kph the sound was almost painful. This with a Shoei GT-Air and ear plugs. Felt like
a hwy ride with no earplugs. But on way back i discovered that if i sit as far back as i can the turbulence sound goes away. Still get wind sound but sound is "normal". May look at getting a different screen and or
better / different helmet.

some pix. First one is at start of ride. wanted to capture the LED headlight. Sure is bright and this is just the low beam.
second is in countryside on way out and last is obvious from the sign :)

K8fls5Jl.jpg

zP1rRn5l.jpg

MM1Nzwtl.jpg

Congrats on the new bike! Looks great and I know you’re ready to farkle it up and enjoy it for many many more miles (or km’s :D)

Sure like the brightness of that light...*grumble stupid yellow 2013 stock light grumble*

time for an upgrade :)

I tried to take a shot of the light directly from the front but it was too bright so i had to go a bit off angle. Hard to tell from the picture but the low beam is the top half of the light and high beam is lower half.
Also there is a ring of white led lighting around the perimeter of the light. And as you can see in the picture even the turn signals glow like the sun. That is just the running lights, turn signals not on.

all things considered. No regrets ditching the FZ07 for the NC. On paper both bikes have the same torque. And since the fastest i have ever gone on a bike is around 160kph (Merritt to Kamloops on the NC750S) i wont miss the lower hp on the NC.
Usually now a days dont go much faster than maybe 10 or 20 over speed limit on the hwy.

Bike is almost perfect for me. Love the DCT and i missed the "frunk". Only thing to fix is the wind turbulence noise. Temporarily solved by moving all the way back in seat. But earlier tonite i ordered one of the madstad screens / bracket.
Just got the 20in screen. Seems that if the stock screen could be moved up about 2 inches it be ok. So the 20in at lowest setting should fix it. Do not want to totally eliminate the wind just that damn noise.

Last edited:
Ditto on the Gorgeous color!! echoing Potter... love my, silver/black...regular...color....yah i'm just wallowing in color-contentment! Although, with many years of auto-body painting in a previous life, i could just paint mine later this winter if i really wanted to...maybe, ah yah NO! :{)

Last edited:
not too sure about the red line bump from 6600 to 7500. The marking on the dash still shows it at 6600. Will have to try out manual mode and see when rev limiter kicks in.

as for today. What a great day for a ride. Started with 43km on odo and put it away with over 400km. Went from downtown Vancouver to Hope. (around 120km). Combined slower hwy / hwy and countryside roads
on way out. And a countryside road on way back. Loving the bike. Only complaint was the windscreen. On way out anything over 100kph the sound was almost painful. This with a Shoei GT-Air and ear plugs. Felt like
a hwy ride with no earplugs. But on way back i discovered that if i sit as far back as i can the turbulence sound goes away. Still get wind sound but sound is "normal". May look at getting a different screen and or
better / different helmet.

some pix. First one is at start of ride. wanted to capture the LED headlight. Sure is bright and this is just the low beam.
second is in countryside on way out and last is obvious from the sign :)

K8fls5Jl.jpg

zP1rRn5l.jpg

MM1Nzwtl.jpg

Nice! I love the red and glad the LED light is now included. This is the bike that will be replacing my 2014 NC750. I had plan on buying a new NC750 this spring but I needed a new truck so it will have to wait until next year. I like the new styling of the bike. I makes it look more "expensive" than the older NC's. I had a lot of different bikes over the years but the NC is one that I will keep buying as long as Honda makes it.

Did a test today on the ride. But before i relay the findings. I just want to confirm that the 2016 and 2017 NC750X has a HARD rev limiter.
The standrard 2014 NC750X had a hard rev limiter, by that i mean at the rev limit the engine cuts out and your face bounces off the wind screen :)

so if it is the same and it cuts out then it looks like the reported rev limit raise from 6600 to 7500 is on my bike. I did the test today. Quiet country side street. No traffic.
Switch to manual and started off in first, switched to 2nd and watched the revs. Passed 6600 no cut off. kept going but i chickened out at 7300. Was not sure if they removed
the cut off so did not want to over rev the new bike.

so of the items i listed off as new features. looks like everything on my list is there except the Showa fork

2 levels of Traction Control plus off -----confirmed
Showa fork ---- confirmed NO
new seat ---not sure. they may have been comparing the NC700 to NC750 seats. Will have to see if i can find a picture of my 2016 NC to compare
(edit. looked at a picture of the 2016 NC750X DCT i had. looks like the seat is different. on the 2016 the seat is more scooped or U shaped. The 2018 is pretty much flat and sloped
more towards the back)
taller screen---- seems to be same as the 2016 and 2017.
rev limiter to 7500 from 6600 --- it would appear to be there
LED lights --- confirmed yes.

Last edited:
I was thinking, perhaps incorrectly, that the DCT would not let you hit redline even in manual mode. Does it actually allow that without upshifting first?

Even on manual the DCT will shift up / down as required. Which is a good thing IMHO.

This is incorrect at least for my 2017 Integra. In manual mode it will let you bounce off the rev limiter, but it will not shift up. It will shift down to prevent engine stall if the revs are too low.

This is incorrect at least for my 2017 Integra. In manual mode it will let you bounce off the rev limiter, but it will not shift up. It will shift down to prevent engine stall if the revs are too low.

The NC700X DCT is the same. In Manual mode you can rev it to the rev limiter and it will not shift up.

Oops, my bad, I tested the downshift (like forget you are in manual and get to a stop) but maybe not the limiter... So the DCT will downshift in manual to prevent stalling, and otherwise let you hit the limiter?

Will test tomorrow ;)

Back