• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018 Canadian model features?

Whiteknuckle

Reaction score
Visit site
As in other post. Really interested in coming back to the NC. >BUT< only due to the following additions that are supposed to be coming on the Canadian 2018 model.

2 levels of Traction Control plus off
Showa fork
new seat
taller screen
rev limiter to 7500 from 6600
LED lights

Anyone know or anyone in Canada have one of these yet? Really need to get this confirmed. Deal breaker if no. I guess i can try to put a refundable deposit on one with the stipulation that if these features are absent i back out and get refund. If traction control was missing i could let that go but not the other items.

Well the new reported features on the 2018 Canadian NC750x DCT are top secret. Tried calling Honda Canada for confirmation. They do not know anything. A bike that is probably on a boat to Canada right now as dealer are saying mid-may for delivery. They cannot confirm or deny what the bike has. Pretty much told me to wait until the dealer has them to confirm.

as stated in op the new features are

Traction control
rev limit raise to 7500 from 6600
Adaptive Clutch Capability
Showa Dual Bending fork
larger windscreen
redesigned seat
LED lighting front and rear

I could get over not having traction control and front LED but the others are kind of important. Wont put a deposit down or make a deal without knowing for sure. I did that in 2016 and was disappointed the Showa fork was not there. Going to talk to dealer on April 27. I may see if i can put a refundable conditional deposit down pending confirmation of the above items. If most are missing i can back out of deal and get refund.

It runs on mapple syrup.

Sorry ;)

Fellow Canadian here.

Last edited:
So i am back

Stopped at dealer first thing this morning. Worked out the details and made a deal. I traded in the Yamaha Smax today but will keep the FZ07 until New Bike Day.
They not saying when exactly but should be in May. They gave me a great deal on the Smax trade. They gave me more than what i paid for it at the Yamaha dealer.
The Yamaha dealer said they bought a bunch of 2015 Smax from Yamaha for a smokin deal and passed it on to customers. So i got it for a great price (almost half of MSRP)

Will also get a refund from insurance since i had paid for a year (in Feb) so i will get 9 months insurance back.

Dealer confirmed that the 2018 will have traction control and Showa forks. The other items are probably but not 100%. And it is the nice red colour.

Sounds like what we're supposed to get in the States. But from what I've read the seat is just getting a cover with better traction. Nothing has been said about the slope or shape.

Does that sound right? Still, I'm waiting on the 750X.

Got word from dealer today. My bike is shipped. Is due to be in dealer warehouse tomorrow (may05) And bike will be put together with
pick up next weekend. too cool!! Was not sure when i would get bike but did not expect it this early. Not that i am complaining. Going to take
next Friday off and go to dealer first thing.

it is here. pick up tomorrow May 11. Asked salesrep to send me some pix. From the crate picture. Sure looks like a LED headlight. Cant tell what tires it has but pretty sure they are Bridgestone something.

wlvfl2jl.jpg

9iB9XWFl.jpg

kfDZ1kRl.jpg

Looks nice! I do like the lighter colored wheels on the later models.

Tell us more about it when you get a few rides in. (Pictures are required, too).

Please, some details on the seat slope, shape and traction.

I'm heading out this morning to annoy my dealer. I want some affirmative answers.
Like, "Yes Jim we should have one in on Monday." and "Since you've been so patient the center stand and heated grips are free" Stuff like that.

Per the picture, only one disc brake up front: contrary to one of Honda's marketing pages.
Nice bike, like that color-more of a cranberry red. Is it the picture, or does the windshield square off on the top?

Per the picture, only one disc brake up front: contrary to one of Honda's marketing pages.
Nice bike, like that color-more of a cranberry red. Is it the picture, or does the windshield square off on the top?

Yes, but that’s an NC for the Canada market. Honda’s Canadian web site only specs one front disk. The US, however is being promised two!

Back