• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Schedule Maintainance

LA_NC700X

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

According to Honda owner's manual, after 600 miles service, the next one is at 8000 miles. I was wondering if anyone is following what Honda recommendation?

If not, what interval are you going by?

Thank you,

I changed the oil at 500 and 4000 miles but other than that I did the rest of the service at 8000 miles. That is really just a bunch of checks and the big thing is the valve clearance check.

I will be following the 8,000 miles or yearly, whichever comes first. Valve check every other year should suffice.

I also will be following the service manual to the "t". 8,000 mile oil changes and valve services for me. I do plan on sending a oil sample to blackstone (already have the kit) as soon as I do the 8k service. Didn't want to send the first one, I don't even want to know how much metal is in it :)

I am baffled. What does time have to do with checking the valves? I can understand time or mileage for brake fluid or coolant but valves?

Sorry, with my daily commuting distance, I would put about 8K to 10K miles per year on my bike. So I plan on checking the valves every other oil change, which is every other year.... It's the same in my head so I typed it out without processing it. Sorry for the confusion. :p

Last edited:
I'll start with 5,000-mile oil (and filter) changes. I had intended to sample the oil I drained at about 1,000 miles (the second crankcase full after draining it nearly-immediately when new), but got distracted talking with my little helpers and doing something for my spouse all at the same time. So, no sample that time.

5k is easier for me to remember, and it's also what I drain the cars on. If analysis supports it, I may go to 10k. If this Honda's valves are like the CBR's, the valves will be right on factory clearance even at 25,000 miles (maybe even 50-75k!).

I'll start with 5,000-mile oil (and filter) changes. I had intended to sample the oil I drained at about 1,000 miles (the second crankcase full after draining it nearly-immediately when new), but got distracted talking with my little helpers and doing something for my spouse all at the same time. So, no sample that time.

5k is easier for me to remember, and it's also what I drain the cars on. If analysis supports it, I may go to 10k. If this Honda's valves are like the CBR's, the valves will be right on factory clearance even at 25,000 miles (maybe even 50-75k!).

I agree with that i went 40k on my 08 cbr1000rr before making any valve adjustments but she definitely needed it once I did it. All 8 exhaust valves were tight about .006" to .004" each so you could tell the difference once it was done. You could tell it had a poor idle before but that's about the only sign I had that it was needed. The cbr took about two hours just to get to the valve cover so since the nc is so easy I will at least check it even if it doesn't need it.

WOW,8,000 mile valve checks!!,I'm gonna have to learn to do them OR this cheap/economical bike is gonna get expensive real quick.I do about 12-14,000 miles a year and this year will be closer to 20,000 !!!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take a look where the head is on this. Way easier than a Strom! Not quite BMW easy, but not too bad.

My garage will be done about the time I will need to do the valves !!.
adamevar.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back