• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Dash colour no longer indicating economical riding.

davewash

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all. At first my dash display showed how economically I was riding with green indicating best, but having fiddled around with the various settings for another reason I seem to have lost this functionality. I have tried all sorts of permutations with no success. Hopefully I have explained my issue well enough for someone to suggest where I'm going wrong. Dave

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I had a very similar problem. It turned out that while I was fiddling with other settings I changed by display mode from standard (ST) to special (SP). Returning the display to ST mode let me get the dash color back to normal.

I had a very similar problem. It turned out that while I was fiddling with other settings I changed by display mode from standard (ST) to special (SP). Returning the display to ST mode let me get the dash color back to normal.
After reading the Owner's Manual for the nth time I have figured out my issue - I really think the many options Honda have given us for the dash display is overly complicated - IMHO.

Anyway page 33 states..'When the gear position mode or engine rev mode (the various modes are displayed/cycled through when you press and hold down the SEL button with the ignition on) in the base colour is selected, the ECO mode colour is not displayed even if the ECO mode is set to on.

At some point, perhaps during a fuel stop I pressed and held the SEL button rather than the SET button when trying to zero the trip counter and inadvertently put it into the gear position or engine rev mode?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Agree 100 percent. I frequently end up changing the dash settings trying to reset the tripmeter. I'm just happy if I find a new scheme I like.

Back