• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda NC750S (2015 reg) 12V Honda Fitted Socket Dead

Colt1

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, We purchased a new NC750S in 2015. We had the dealer fit an OEM 12V Honda socket in the boot (where we stash the helmet, fake petrol tank). We tried the sat nav plus another piece of equipment in the 12V socket but the socket is dead. We checked all 7.5amp and 15amp fuses and all are fine. Any ideas what else we could check? I read there should be a 1amp fuse behind the left boot panel but not certain if true. The dealership (Phoenix) no longer operates in Stirling and the original mechanic moved to Australia just after fitting out our NC with heated grips and the lot. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

The Honda official 12 volt outlet is limited to 1 amp, which is nearly worthless. There is a 1 amp fuse in line with the outlet wiring, but the fuse holder is hidden under, most likely, the left side body panel. The easiest way to desrcibe that is to show you the installation directions for that 12 volt outlet. Here is a link: https://cssportal.css-club.net/honda/MCA/contents/20121101095123_3291.pdf You'll see the fuse holder labeled Accessory Harness in step 11.

If you get the left side cover off, I'd suggest putting in a separate proper 10 or 15 amp power outlet in the frunk and wire it straight to the battery with proper sized wiring and at least a 10 amp fuse.

Last edited:
The factory outlet is for a cigarette lighter style plug, right?
Any idea why they don't just provide one or two USB ports?
Is that to make it backward compatible with old gear that used those huge plugs?

I have such a plug and blew the fuse while trying to charge an iPad and an iPhone at the same time. Unfortunately my GPS was soldered to the + and - terminals on the socket so I lost that as well. The dealer in Coeur d'Alene had to take off a lot of paneling to access the pathetic 1A fuse and replaced it with a 5A. I know this isn't strictly kosher with the electrical subharness but I don't intend to do anything more from now on than run the GPS and ONE charging device at any given time. The 1A capacity in the original is pretty ridiculous but placing the fuse in a location that requires tearing off body panels is absurd too. That fuse should be as accessible as the ones in the rest of the system. Lesson learned. Oh, and while we are at it be sure that in the Honda heated handgrips that the controller has a dab of silicone where the wire goes in or you can tear off a lot of body paneling to get at that too. (That was another expensive lesson)

The factory outlet is for a cigarette lighter style plug, right?
Any idea why they don't just provide one or two USB ports?
Is that to make it backward compatible with old gear that used those huge plugs?
If one packs a tire compressor on long trips you'll appreciate the 15 amps you can pass through a cig lighter type port although many compressors come with alligator clips that could clip to the battery. USB outlets are rather limited in current capacity.

Back