• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Done the forum seat mods, butt................

Bob

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,
I've done a few of the seat mods with the stock seat listed here on the forum and still having crotch and butt issues. I've come to the conclusion that it is a combination of the stock seat and no fat on my skinny butt.
I have a 2016 NC. Looking at the Corbin website, they only list saddles up to 2015 model year. After sending three e-mails and leaving numerous phone messages, some one got back with me 3 weeks later! Corbin said they have only tested their NC seats up to the 2015 model year and didn't know if it would fit a 2016. HELLO Corbin! We're going into the 2018 model year!

My question (finally). Does anyone out there have a 2016 NC700XD where they have fitted the Corbin saddle right out of the box? Hate to spend the $$$$, to find it doesn't fit, then go through the hassle of dealing with Corbin for a return. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Have you compared seat part numbers for 2016 and earlier 2015 versions? I bet they are the same which means it should fit.

Thanks Juggler! I have not tried that yet. Will get the numbers from my dealer and see if they match.

Honda part numbers are readily available on-line at sites like procaliber.com, so you can research it on your own if you like. Example below:

IMG_0153.jpg

Hey, Bob, sounds like you've probably alraedy done the mod that raises the seat. That was a big help for me, but since I just couldn't spring for a new seat, I had to try all of the cheap fixes. Like you, I just don't have the natural "padding" so I had to add some. I tried the air hawk but even at very minimal inflation I still felt too disconnected with the seat while riding. It was a disconcerting feeling. Finally bought a gel pad, first a small one that more or less conformed to the stock seat, but when that finally wore in, and got uncomfortable, a mid size cruiser gel pad. It is not a nice molded look on the seat; it overlaps and is wide like the cruiser seat it's made for, but oh does it feel nice. The overhang is just enough to give me that extra bit of seat width that the stock seat doesn't have. And after breaking it in it tends to lay over the seat like a saddle and looks just fine. And frankly, I don't give a hoot what it looks like when I'm sitting on it. It even added a wee bit more height and eliminated that annoying effect of putting the family jewels to sleep. Might give it a try. Cost is minimal and may suit ya while you're waiting for the Corbin. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
grab a mouse sander and shave the foam on the seat anyway you like it. then reattach the top skin back with a staple gun

Last edited:
Back