• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ksl 8.5

Which weekend if best for a return to KSL

• Other date - specify in post

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

drdubb

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There's been some talk about going back up to Kickstand Lodge this fall. I contacted Bobby and he indicated the weekends after Oct 13 would be very full. I was thinking about the first weekend in Oct. I'm sure others have ideas.

Looking for some input for those that would like to go.

Here is a link to the Kickstand Lodge 8 event that we did in spring, 2017. It will give you an idea what the event is about. Return to the Land of the Dragon...again....2017

And here is a link to the same event (KSL 7) held in 2016, giving more details about what to expect. Return to the Land of the Dragon

The location is Stecoah, North Carolina, USA.

This is an informal, but very enjoyable get together. Quoting drdubb, "the plan is no plan."

Last edited:
Here is a link to the Kickstand Lodge 8 event that we did in spring, 2017. It will give you an idea what the event is about. Return to the Land of the Dragon...again....2017

And here is a link to the same event (KSL 7) held in 2016, giving more details about what to expect. Return to the Land of the Dragon

The location is Stecoah, North Carolina, USA.

This is an informal, but very enjoyable get together. Quoting drdubb, "the plan is no plan."

Thanks. The post you linked to was very useful!

I hate to miss it. The last one was really fun. However, I've already paid for Ribfest 2017 (Oct. 19-22) and committed to ADV LBL Ride 5.5 (Nov. 10-12). I can't really afford to take any more vacation time without screwing up Thanksgiving and Christmas plans.

I'd luv to try and fit this one in, since I didn't make it to the earlier KSL this spring nor this weeks HU NC. But I already have plans for early in October, Flying Monkey Adventure Rally – Oct. 5-8, 2017. A fun 3-day ride through beautiful Southern Utah.

The following weekends, October 13-15 or later, could be doable. I could combine KSL 8.5 with my deer hunting plans for the second Saturday in November in KY (wandering the east coast for a couple of weeks between them.

Ray

Just read someplace that that first weekend in Oct. is FredFest at K.S.L. If you are looking for a quiet weekend, that would not be the time.

Personally, I'm having trouble getting excited about going. I moved two weeks ago and am struggling getting the house in order, so I might pass on a weekend in the mountains. If I do something, it will be last minute. Sorry to be a downer.

Due to the apparent low interest/attendance for a KSL8.5 gathering, I'm going to drop out and make other riding/camping plans on those proposed dates. However, I'm looking forward to KSL9 next May!

Back