• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Garmin 660 Mount

Cliffy

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an old Garmin 660 sat nav that I'd like to mount on the NC750X, ideally on the handle bar clamps or above the speedo. I'd be interested to find out what other people have done. Does anyone have any comments and pics of their configuration?

I have a Garmin Montana 600, not sure if that's similar to your 660. I have the Garmin Handlebar Mount on a RAM mount. It is very sturdy. Doesn't shake at all. I didn't wire it up to power, because the battery lasts all day of riding.
f04e26cff87bae6aed9b0acea1a954cb.jpg
c9e2b1e85730cf34490b48ba3155fd5c.jpg
87e5e9185d1e041255890fbb54d86bf0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used a ram mount on the clamps using this for my 660lm:

Amazon.com: Ram Mount Motorcycle Handlebar Clamp Base with M8 Screws: Automotive

But really wanted it above the cluster. I don't have a windscreen that has any mounting bars (the way the Honda touring screen, madstad, and nationals do) so I zip tied this to the cluster and it works great:

Amazon.com: RAM Rail Base with Zinc Coated U-Bolt, ATV/UTV Strap & 1"" Ball for Rails to 3.15"" in Diameter: Cell Phones & Accessories

I used long industrial zip ties instead of the hose clamps shown. I'll get a pic and post it.

I drilled a couple of holes in my madstad, the metal part and added a ram mount. Really like the set up.

1231151827a_zpsr5pn0ruy.jpg

I've used a ram mount on the clamps using this for my 660lm:

Amazon.com: Ram Mount Motorcycle Handlebar Clamp Base with M8 Screws: Automotive

But really wanted it above the cluster. I don't have a windscreen that has any mounting bars (the way the Honda touring screen, madstad, and nationals do) so I zip tied this to the cluster and it works great:

Amazon.com: RAM Rail Base with Zinc Coated U-Bolt, ATV/UTV Strap & 1"" Ball for Rails to 3.15"" in Diameter: Cell Phones & Accessories

I used long industrial zip ties instead of the hose clamps shown. I'll get a pic and post it.

Here's how it looks

ca27d0d92bca84f2db12012ab0910f1a.jpg
6ebd0b2807c56e7d562b217e649c512a.jpg
fa14fd24031d4aa2f5399d45a5d42eb9.jpg

We've got the same model. I just added a GlareStomper shade and bought the different Ram mount. I had mine on the handlebar tree for a good while but got tied of having to look down to check the gps.

After a lot of research I've just come across a Honda kit to attach a Garmin 660. The part number is 08B70-MJL-D30 and it seems to fit onto the handlebar clamps. Has anyone tried this option and if so have they got any pictures.

Back