• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Helmet Question

Pikester

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anybody have a Schuberth C3 Pro helmet, and if you do, how do you like It? Looking for a new modular helmet that is quieter than my cheap-o Bilt that I have. Schuberth's are expensive, but get great reviews.

Does anybody have a Schuberth C3 Pro helmet, and if you do, how do you like It? Looking for a new modular helmet that is quieter than my cheap-o Bilt that I have. Schuberth's are expensive, but get great reviews.

I have a big head but the Schuberth XXL modular helmet I had ten years ago was heavy, quiet, fit great except for the fact I could not open my mouth with the chin bar closed. I bought it on close-out and sold it at a profit at a BMW rally.

Looking for a new modular helmet that is quieter than my cheap-o Bilt that I have.

I currently have a C3 Pro (L)and before that I wore a C3 (also a L).

I'm pretty sure they are one of the lightest and quietest modular helmets on the market (but I still wear foam ear plugs). If your head fits, I highly recommend them. The pinlock anti-fog seems to work better on the C3 Pro than it did on my older C3 and the sunvisor and face shield mechanisms are also more robust (they don't flop down).

If you aren't in a hurry you can grab a Schuberth on sale for about the same (or less) than many other modulars. I paid $450 for mine (RevZilla, in Echo Yellow $829 MSRP ) or you can order one from Europe, which is what I did with the C3 owned previously.

Since the C4 Pro is now shipping, I suspect you can do even better on a C3 Pro. If you buy from Europe, you get a choice of a few more color designs than the North American market.

BTW, if you have a need for bluetooth integration, the SCR system is pretty neat. My GPS and iPhone work flawlessly.

Last edited:
I have a C3 Pro in XL and love it. Very quiet, although I still use ear plugs. I've ridden all day with this helmet with no discomfort or hot spots. I did get the thinner (15mm) cheek pads and that made the helmet fit perfectly - the stock XL pads were just a bit too thick.

I've seen the prices dropping on the C3 Pro since the C4 came out, especially in the basic solid colors.

I use a UClear for my Bluetooth and it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anybody have a Schuberth C3 Pro helmet, and if you do, how do you like It?
I have the Touratech version of the same helmet and like it after breaking it in. I also added the Schuberth SRC System For C3 Pro and like the fm radio and Bluetooth features. It cleanly fits inside the helmet and not to the outside. Because of my poor hearing I added Tork MAXX Helmet Speakers With Integrated Headphone Amplifier because I can't use my hearing aids with the helmet on.

Ray

I replaced the Playboy in my bedside table with an ad for the new C4 Pulse in silver - I want one so bad. I am just as likely to get my hands one as a getting Playboy model right now too :)

I don't know if you are blessed to be able to see and feel the helmet before you buy it but if you can try and test it alongside the Shoei Neotec. When I bought my last modular helmet, replacing a Shoei Multitec, I had the C3 Pro in mind and the shop 90 miles away had it in stock. Once there I was offered to compare it to the newer Neotec and there really wasn't much of a decision to be made. The C3's liner materials and feel and the action of the visor weren't up to the Shoei level and I already knew I had a Shoei head shape that could wear one all day (and night and the next day). Later on after purchase I read reviews and my decision was validated mostly by the ventilation levels of the two helmets. The C3 however is a great helmet in almost every way and if it fits you well can't go wrong with your choice.

Thanks for all the info. everybody. I am now looking at the C4 because I really like the integrated speakers and the Sena made bluetooth module that plugs into the helmet. Again, it's not cheap, but it will hopefully be a setup I could use for quite a while.

Helmets are such a personal thing. Take all the great info and make an educated decision. And when you get your new lid, if it feels good and meets your needs, cease to take any more advice or reports!

I know you are looking at a different [type] helmet. I just bought a Shoei 1200 and I'm really impressed coming from a cheap modular. So much quieter with the top vents closed, noisy with them open but you can actually feel the air at the top of your head. Lighter too. I was thinking a large, but when I tried them on the med was a better fit. Got an unpopular graphic [contessa?] for $299! I was going to order online, but couldn't beat that price.

I know you are looking at a different [type] helmet. I just bought a Shoei 1200 and I'm really impressed coming from a cheap modular. So much quieter with the top vents closed, noisy with them open but you can actually feel the air at the top of your head. Lighter too. I was thinking a large, but when I tried them on the med was a better fit. Got an unpopular graphic [contessa?] for $299! I was going to order online, but couldn't beat that price.
Shoei knows how to ventilate a helmet. I sometimes have the chin vent closed and don't even know it the top vent works so well.

I have 2 Shoei's and they are awesome. A RF 1200 and a Neotec Modular. Both are very quiet and ventilate well. The Neotec has the flip down sun shade which is awesome as I wear glasses and don't have RX sunglasses.

Look at the new Scorpion carbon fiber helmet. It comes in 3 different head styles. I wanted one but it was only in black when I was ready to purchase. I wanted a Wine color. Bought a HJC and am not pleased with it.

I did not like the fit of the Neotec or the Schubert. Ended up going with the latest Nolan N 104 and am happy with it for my taste. All of the Comms stuff is available and at a lower price point. YMMV.

Back