• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How many pairs of gloves do you have?

Hank

Reaction score
Visit site
My glove drawer is about full, but I seem to want more.
Six pairs of moto specific gloves.
I seem to have little sales resistance.

1. I wore some Mechanix gloves to learn.
2. I wore some leather work gloves to practice. (Already had both of these.)
3. I next bought some basic Scorpion Bixbys, black. Good looking. They were slightly too small for me, though usable, and I wanted something more protective after a little experience with gravity.
4. Scorpion SGB gauntlets in high viz and red. Superfabric, plastic for the base of the palm, superfabric inserts.
5. Warm weather came. I bought the same gloves in black in a short cuff, just to discover that the Kevlar stitching (green) was too strong and was tearing out the leather.
6. My wife bought me some winter gloves, Tourmaster polar Tex, waterproof and warm. Not a lot of protection, but very comfortable.
7. Summer came back. I watched a cyclecruza video about hand signals and bought some Icon overlord resistance in high viz. Thin leather, but very comfortable and cool. They have some synthetic black stuff that in hot weather gets under my fingernails.
8. Still wanted some high viz summer gloves, but all leather and high viz, so I bought some Alpinestars gpx. Much more protective than the Icon, fit smaller.

Last edited:
I have about nine (9) pairs of gloves, everything from armored mesh for very hot days, to insulated full-gauntlet for the cold ones. Sometimes (even with the mesh gloves) I'll wear thin "glove liners" which add a touch of warmth, are removable mid-ride, and extend glove lifespan.

It can be almost emotional, when it's time to trash a pair of gloves that you've worn for a few thousand miles. (I certainly don't feel that sort of attachment to worn-out boxer-briefs. :cool:)

I only have one pair of dedicated motorcycle gloves. Some hi-vis Triumph gauntlet gloves. Before I bought them I just used leather work gloves, but knew that anything that could slip off without undoing at least one strap would be less than ideal in a slide.

I ride rain or shine and these gloves were hard to put back on when the inside gets wet, either from rain, or sweat, and it didn't take that long before I started having issues with the liner. I was getting unhappy with the gloves a couple weeks ago, then realized they put in 10 000 km of service and they didn't really owe me any favors. I took out the scissors and liberated the inner liner from the glove to see what was going on inside. There was basically a very baggy, very thin waterproof membrane glove between the liner and the outer glove that was getting bunched up and generally getting in the way. I tore them out and now the gloves are much more comfortable.

They breath better now, fit better now, If it rains I can put on some nitrile gloves that I carry on between the outer and inner gloves for some waterproof warmth but with my handle bar warmers I haven't bothered so far. They dry faster now, I can wash the liners in the washing machine, they are easier to put on when wet, and basically they are just more comfortable. I probably should have tore out the liners 5000 km ago.

Last edited:
It reminds me of this exchange:
"How many guns do you have?"
"More than I need but fewer than I want."

Also there is an ad for Midway USA where a guy's wife is asking how many pairs of boots he needs,
and he says "Just one more."

It reminds me of this exchange:
"How many guns do you have?"
"More than I need but fewer than I want."

Also there is an ad for Midway USA where a guy's wife is asking how many pairs of boots he needs,
and he says "Just one more."

This is known in the cycling world as N+1.

N= Your current amount of whatever is being discussed.
+1 = the correct amount you actually need.

Three

Warm weather (normal) riding gloves (textile)
Gauntlet style, waterproof rain gloves
Leather Thinsulate (winter) gloves.

I have two, Summer and Winter.

Alpinestars Apex Drystar Gloves - RevZilla is my Winter. Have had two versions of this glove. The older model I would rate a four. The new model a two. The are not as warm or as waterproof as the old model. I would not get them again.

STUNT EVO - FIVE for Summer. I'm pretty happy with these. Had two versions as well. Gloves holding up well. Only wear on the touchscreen fingers after a season of use.

I have enough to cover all the bases for both offroad and pavement in all riding seasons. Plus a couple that don't fit as well and a bunch of non-motorcycle types and some liners too.

Current faves are a Thor summer glove and the A.R.C. Battle Born gloves, for fit and a real feel of control and being cool enough for the hot stuff. I sure get tired of fastening and unfastening when I stop a lot though ; }

I have...

river road hot weather leather glove...They are in a closet somewhere
Joe rocket gauntlet glvoes...have no idea where they are at.
Astars apex drystar gloves...hate them
Astars celer gloves, both gloves have a hole in the palm in the same spot, after only 1.5 years.
astars Equinox x-trafit goretex...rain gloves that I don't have any complaints about yet
Astars highlands gloves are on the way, should be delivered on wednesday.

I have a love for alpinestars apparently. I struggle to find gloves that fit me well, but have had luck with them. I loved my celer gloves till the leather tore, although I have ridden in the rain in them a few times, and they get left in the frunk pretty much all the time...the heat and cold couldn't have helped any.

Been through a bunch of gloves, but the best for me are first gear. Have several models. Tried Rukka for rain gloves, but dont like the fit. U guess its like women and shoes.

One light leather w/ knuckle guard - occasional use
One heavier leather / gauntlet - 8 months / year
One Warmthru electric - Very nice gloves but I had a huge issue with the USA distributor - who has since been relieved of his distributorship. - winter use.

But I lust over the glove racks at every shop I visit.... ;-)
>T

True story: I spent more time researching my first legit pair of motorcycle gloves than I did researching which bike I'd buy. In the end, Anthony on Revzilla sold me on the Scorpion SGS gloves.

To my amazement I only have 3 other pairs that I got after that. Considering the fact that I catch myself shopping for gloves constantly, I am proud of myself for exhibiting some restraint.

Unlike the others, I'm happy with my Alpinestars Drystar gloves, but I got them on closeout from Motostorm, so I probably got the old style, which I understand were better.
I also picked up a good pair of waterproof leather touchscreen gauntlets at a local dealer on clearance that I forget about every time it rains.
My 4th pair are Gerbings 12V for when it's too cold to ride, but I'm too stubborn to resist.

Don't ask me about my boot addiction :eek:

I like the scorpion SGS, lots of protection, reasonable price.
According to Anthony, they fixed the thread problem now.

4 pair. One pair of fingerless for the hot summer days; one pair of rain resistance for when it looks like rain; one pair for cool weather riding; one pair of 3 finger East German Army motorcycle gauntlets (found them at a Army Surplus store) I use for cold weather riding with my heated glove liners (they look like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle hands when I have them on-they are green).

FYI -- for winter gloves I'm actually using heavy duty ice climbing/skiing gloves (my brother recommended these after his 40 years of riding, and climbing). They do not have the armor, but are very warm, have huge gauntlets that cover the wrist, and are much cheaper than motorcycle gloves. I actually bought the 3 finger version ("lobster" claws) since I need my left index finger for shifting the DCT.

Last edited:
I bet I'm not the only person who still owns those first gloves they bought, even though they were cheap, with little protection.

If I lived near a store that carried all brands of gloves in my size I would own many more! I've been to 4 or 5 different stores and the selection is so small... And some stores don't even have my size.
I like Revzilla's reviews, but I HAVE to try on gloves in person. I'm not spending $100+ ($250 Held Air N Dry?) on good gloves without any idea of how they feel.

I had a great pair of Spidi Air Vent gauntlet gloves (stolen with helmet) that took a while to get used to, but once they broke in were so nice. I got the new version STR-4 Vent, but have to wait until summer is over to start breaking them in. It's too hot for a full-length glove.
I've got a few pairs of Cortech gloves, Vice and Scarab, which are summer and winter gloves. Both are all-day comfortable but the Velcro is failing in both...

I just splurged on a ventilated leather glove from Icon (about 90 bucks) that are my new go-to for warmer weather. The airflow is excellent for a full leather glove and the quality seems to be there. I have had them a couple months and would recommend the brand.

So now I have 4 pairs. Those babies plus:

a cheap unlined leather glove with gauntlets and knuckle protectors I picked up at Cycle Gear (nothing special, gets the job done.)
-Battery operated winter heated gloves (necessary when I rode bikes that weren't wired for heated gear, and my go-to for a cold weather commute of an hour or so.)
-Wired heated First Gear leather gloves, for real winter riding.

I can't afford to be a "so many jackets" guy, but gloves call out to me at the shops. I like the thinnest glove possible for the conditions, but I also hate having cold hands and think it's unsafe. So I like having a few options!

Back