• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Helite Turtle Airbag Vest - Thoughts?

SleepyC

Reaction score
Visit site
Helite Turtle Airbag Vest seems interesting.

This dude on ADVrider came out of this not dead and hardly hurt form the head up...

1.jpg
3.jpg

Seem's like it does a pretty nice job of keeping a rider not dead.

Also they offer a ADV jacket now... Hmmm.

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 2.44.51 PM.jpg

Helite Turtle Vest in Black

I bought the Helite jacket for this riding season; mainly due to a death of a Canadian rider/motorcycle magazine editor last year who I knew. I wear it every ride. It has it’s drawbacks but I doubt I’ll ever ride without one. It’s hot and I feel they could have done some better positioning of the vents. It’s hard to find decent research on how effective they are, but one study I did see suggested that you need something that inflates faster to survive T-boning a car at 36 mph or above (if you hit the side & aren’t tossed over the hood/trunk). Plus is it protects your chest from impact- a major factor in serous injuries. Now the french motorcycle police are wearing them (From Hit), so hopefully there’ll be some better stats on their effectiveness coming out.

Last edited:
I have the turtle vest. It does add some heat in the summer. The high viz is helpful, and I can stash the vest before going in somewhere. It also lets me put the back protector in the vest, so the jacket is more comfortable off the bike.

I dropped my supermoto on the side of a gravel hill and the vest inflated before I hit the ground, which was almost instant, as I was making a slow U turn. I like the neck and rib protection.

Drawbacks:
1. One more thing to do before you ride.
2. Not sexy looking.

Last edited:
Back