• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Any thoughts on the Bell FX9 Adventure Helmet with Mips

RNBOB

Reaction score
Visit site
Any thoughts on the Bell MX9 Adventure Helmet with Mips

Looking at the Bell MX9 Adventure Helmet with Mips (Multi Directional Impact Protection System)
Any one with an opinion on this helmet?
Bob

Last edited:
There is a lengthy review video at RevZilla [HERE] if you scroll down a little.
The price point seems good.

My all time favorite helmet remains the GMAX GM54S [HERE].

I can't find anything about a Bell FX9, I wonder if you meant the Bell Mx-9? That's the one I bought a couple of months ago. Mine isn't the adventure model that you asked about. Mine has no face shield, I wear goggles with it. I like that it lets a lot of air through and is very comfy and light. I think it'll do fine if I have a get-off at slower off-pavement speeds, but it doesn't feel substantial enough for me to feel safe wearing it regularly on the street.

There is a lengthy review video at RevZilla [HERE] if you scroll down a little.
The price point seems good.

My all time favorite helmet remains the GMAX GM54S [HERE].

I also run wear a Gmax helmet. It's a fantastic helmet and I often chose to wear it rather than my $500 AGV. The Gmax I wear is the GM11D. I have had Bell helmets and they always felt cheap.

I read an article in Popular Mechanics or Popular Science (they blend in my mind) some time back on this technology as it applied to football helmets. They were pretty positive.

Back