• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Removing side panels

Batdude

Reaction score
Visit site
I need to run a wire to the battery on a 2016 nc750x. Does anyone know how to remove the left side topmost panel? It has a single screw near the frunk. Then I am not sure if you just pull on it or what. Dont want to damage the plastic. Did some googling but didnt find much. Thanks for any help.

If it's not a huge wire you could just feed it in with the other wire harnesses. I'm not sure if the 750x is the same, but I could shine a flashlight into the battery compartment and see where the wires went in from the underside of the bike (either side). Of course, it's probably better to take them off so you can properly secure/protect them and all, but it's an option.

If that's not your preferred way, I'm sure there are plenty who have taken those panels off who could help you. ;)

Good luck!

Depending on the panel(s) you want to remove, you may need to start all the way at the back and work your way forward, removing them all (they overlap and some nuts are hidden behind the previously-removed panel).
Do a quick search for instructions on adding the heated grips to get a diagram for panel removal if you don't have a service manual. That'll show you an exploded view of one of the sides for panel removal.

Go to the technical forum. There is a sticky post at the top with links to youtube videos on removing plastics.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Depending on the panel(s) you want to remove, you may need to start all the way at the back and work your way forward, removing them all (they overlap and some nuts are hidden behind the previously-removed panel).
Do a quick search for instructions on adding the heated grips to get a diagram for panel removal if you don't have a service manual. That'll show you an exploded view of one of the sides for panel removal.

Thank you everyone for your quick replies it was very helpful. On the 2016 model there is one screw in the back and then you gently pull outward and the first panel pops off. The rest look like a lot more work so I left them. But this was enough to feed the wires through and get it done. Thanks again!

Go to the technical forum. There is a sticky post at the top with links to youtube videos on removing plastics.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Could someone link to the thread about removing plastic panels for a 2017 NC750X please. I’m having trouble finding it…
Thanks in advance…

Could someone link to the thread about removing plastic panels for a 2017 NC750X please. I’m having trouble finding it…
Thanks in advance…
If you look in youtube, there is a video by madstad for installing thier windscreen. They remove the front side panels for the windscreen installation. Nicely detailed.

It does, kinda, yes. I’ve muddled through it & got it all off. Couple of plastic hooks broken but nothing that will make a huge difference.

I’ve noticed there’s no, one, definitive, step-by-step guide to removing panels which is both comprehensive & clearly made, letting people know exactly where all the plastic hooks are on the rear of the panels & how to undo them, until the whole bike is completely stripped. Maybe I should make it…I probably won’t though…I’ll just keep moaning & being lazy

Thanks for the replies…

It does, kinda, yes. I’ve muddled through it & got it all off. Couple of plastic hooks broken but nothing that will make a huge difference.

I’ve noticed there’s no, one, definitive, step-by-step guide to removing panels which is both comprehensive & clearly made, letting people know exactly where all the plastic hooks are on the rear of the panels & how to undo them, until the whole bike is completely stripped. Maybe I should make it…I probably won’t though…I’ll just keep moaning & being lazy

Thanks for the replies…
Are you suggesting the Honda service manual is inadequate for describing panel removal? I don’t know about 2016-2020 service manuals, but my 2012 NC700X service manual explained panel removal well enough. I have never lost a fastener, put screws in the wrong places, or damaged any tabs.

Another resource for panel removal instructions is Honda accessory installation instructions, such as this one: https://cdn.powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08T70-MKA-D80.pdf
Find an accessory part number applicable to your year/model, and look up it’s installation instuctions in .pdf form. Some accessories require panel removal for installation, and the Honda instructions illustrate how to do so.

Back