• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Stylmartin Ace Boots

macguy

Reaction score
Visit site
So I've been on the lookout for a while for a pair of good looking motorcycle boots that I can wear to the office every day in business casual attire. Most of them that claim to be styled for on and off the bike still look like motorcycle boots to me and most all of them have the sewn on pad on the left foot for the shifter. When i saw the Stylmartin Ace boots come out I was immediately impressed with the look and protection they seem to offer. So I ordered a pair that should be here on the 19th. I'll try and post up here after I receive them to give a review. Wish I could have tried them on before purchase but nobody sells them locally. I ordered them through Revzilla though and they have a good return policy.

Ace Cafe Racer Boots - Stylmartin Caferace

I usually wear a firstgear pair, but if I don't want to look moto-y, I wear some Ariat lace ups. Good stiff sole, over the ankle, decent heel and toe protection, very comfortable, and good looking. Since I don't need a shift pad (on bike #2) they work great.

Or just put some other shoes in the frunk.

They also make little gadgets that slip over non moto boots and provide a shifter pad.

Last edited:
Yeah I looked at the TCX and Revit ones as well but they also seemed to have the shifter pad which just screams motorcycle boot to me. Also is the shift pad really necessary? The shifter has rubber over it that never seems to eat up my shoes.

Last edited:
I would like a pair I can wear in my office as well.

Check out TCX as well... they make some very nice boots that look stylish.

Tcx X-blend Waterproof | MotoStorm
24/7 VINTAGE SERIES/ X-BLEND WATERPROOF | Products | TCX Boots

Also, Revit makes some nice ones as well.
Shoes Boots Revit Buy Online Now at Motostorm

I hope to find an in-store retailer at some point.

Hey Lue42,

Have you ordered clothing from Motostorm before? I met another Canadian rider and he said the duties on clothing were high. Curious if you went through this.

Hey Lue42,

Have you ordered clothing from Motostorm before? I met another Canadian rider and he said the duties on clothing were high. Curious if you went through this.

No, just luggage brackets. I paid about 13% customs (HST?) on them - and it was very worth it. Sometimes it might still be worth it - especially if you can't get them anywhere else. The problem is returning would be almost impossible so the size better be right. Honestly, unless I tried it on locally and knew the exact size I wanted (and it was cheap enough from them) I wouldn't buy from them. The shipping from them was amazing. I ordered on Feb 6th, it was picked up from them (tracking showed) on Feb 7th, and at my door in Ontario, Canada on the 9th.

So the boots came in on Wednesday and I have been wearing them every day on and off the bike since I got them. They arrived from Revzilla in a nice box that was well packaged. The boots were in perfect shape upon arrival and the laces were already on the boots although they were completely uneven so I had to unlace them and do it properly. The boots themselves fit to size perfectly I am a size 11 with a slightly wide and flat foot and they fit just fine. I was a little worried about that since they are made in Italy. The leather is top quality and looks like it will develop a very nice natural patina. It's also a pretty soft leather for motorcycle boots but it does have the ankle armor, stiff toe and heel box so it seems to offer very good protection (though they are not CE rated). They offer very good movement when wearing them around which is what I was looking for. The side zipper is also a major plus. I absolutely hate having to tie boots every time I put them on, especially when they are as high as these are so having the zipper to be able to just unzip and zip them back up is great. It's also not noticeable at all while wearing them. The laces they came with are too long, especially for motorcycle boots and I fear they will get caught on the peg one day so I plan to replace them with shorter ones. Also the insoles that came with the boots are completely useless. They are flat and provide no support or cushion. I have already replaced them with SoftSole Airr Orthopedics which I pretty much do with all my shoes and they feel great. The included shift pad also fits very nicely on the boot and provides adequate coverage for the shifting area of the toe. I still don't think it's necessary and I did find that the elastic strap limited traction when stopped on the bike so I don't plan on using it much. Overall the boots are excellent and I highly recommend them, though they are pretty pricey they seem like they will last a REALLY long time.

Here's some pictures:
ff3ab3213a8e714f64a846d31c0c9dd5.jpg

50faaff18c54881eaaf4f5cddb3a9937.jpg

c9e013dd08e9c817fc8b840fc1d72898.jpg

48d4048cba2a5817953103916fbb5f20.jpg

1b5d03b73f99edf0dc2779eeb83cb3ed.jpg

d799c13dc4b708893a23994e66d9c8ad.jpg

14f72ad141ae1150b5a7c0dbaf9d822c.jpg

8eac696f9955bc5ca5b5d47b8c1cdf1c.jpg

e9f9b829ab7c5c2368743ee9fbea7720.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just cut the laces off at the appropriate length. No need to buy another pair.

and keep the ends from fraying with electrical heat shrink tubeing.

I tried that and it worked well until they fell off. Perhaps a little glue before shrinking the tube?

I have since switched to these and they are great. Wouldn't need them with a boot with zip up sides, but for my lace-up boots it is perfect for quick on/off. I just tuck the plastic end in the laces so they don't flop around/get caught.
EZLACES no-tie elastic, reflective sport shoe lacing system. Canadian product with warranty. 90+ colors. (Outback): Amazon.ca: Shoes & Handbags

Back