• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Review: Highway 21 Radiant Heat Gloves (Battery Powered)

PortlandZinMan

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heated Grips or Heated Gloves...

I pondered this for a while, did a lot of research on cost vs ROI and decided to go with heated gloves. I then looked at tethered gloves vs battery powered. I was not a fan of being plugged into the bike so I then turned my research to battery powered gloves. There are quite a few options and after reading a lot of reviews, I decided to go with the Highway 21 Radiant Heat Gloves. They are not perfect, but I do really like them. Pros/Cons and photos below.

Pro
- Heats the fingers!! The ends of my fingers are the most susceptible and these do well in that area. These are fine for anything above freezing.
- Outstanding quality leather gloves - soft, shaped and are pre-broken in.
- Batteries last all day if you do some management - fire them up level 3 and then once warm, dial down to 2 or even 1 for maintenance.
- Can be used on all your bikes and even for hiking or walking in cold weather (my wife likes them just to warm her hands in front of the camp fire
- Awesome controller design - no problem to adjust while moving.
- The finger tips actually allow use of iPhone touch screen (nice feature)
- Nice case

Con
- Batteries are finite - they need to be recharged every day you are on a trip. Forget and you go cold.
- Heats just the back of the hands/fingers to the tips - not a huge issue but it is an important consideration.
- Fit - They run big...I ordered XL based on the chart - had to return for L (super easy with Revzilla). They need to fit well in order to work efficiently.
- Getting the jacket sleeve ends under the rear collar of the gloves is tricky - wish they made more room - not a deal breaker.
- Hard to find spare batteries - still looking actually...may have to call the actual company.
- Batteries are a bit heavy, but I didn't notice it after a few applications.
- Cost ($180), but you get what you pay for so almost a Pro.

4 out of 5 stars - a keeper for me...

IMG_5456.JPGIMG_5457.JPGIMG_5458.JPGIMG_5459.JPGIMG_5460.jpgIMG_5461.jpgIMG_5462.JPG

Wanna say my dad has a pair of those, but I think his plug in so maybe not. Either way, he says they pair well with heated grips (he has oxfords, iirc, on his concours), though he's only used them a few times.

Thanks for the great and detailed review on those gloves! :cool:

And agreed with AsureDawn, adding heated grips is awwwwwesome :D

Back