• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New to me 2013 NC700X

plains ranger

Reaction score
Visit site
Morning ya'll.

I purchased my 2013 NC700X the beginning of January and am getting close to needing to do a little maintenance.

Oil and filter change
Air filter (?)
Fuel filter (?)

I'm at 10,200 on the ODO. The kicker is I don't have an owners manual or service manual. Pretty much the dealer had the keys for it and that was it. No tool kit, owners manual, nothin.

So where do I start?
A) What oil filter do I need?
B) What oil does Honda recommend?
C) What should I be looking at at 10K?
D) Where can I find the owners manual and service manual for sale? I've tried amazon to no avail. I've also seen several generic service manuals out there but not the official Honda one. Can you set me up with some links?

Last edited:
Honda recommends 10w-30 oil (Honda brand, of course!), but opinions vary about which oil is best.
Same for the oil filter and air cleaner element (aka air filter).

Part numbers for the oem oil/air filters are 15410-MFJ-D01 and 17210-MGS-D30, respectively. There are probably a few threads discussing alternatives, and their pro's and con's. A couple google searches for "site:nc700-forum.com [topic]" may prove enlightening. ;)

Hope you enjoy your new NC700X. I have a 2012 NC700x that I recently purchased used. Based on the information from my owner's manual for the 2012, the motor oil should be a NON-ENERGY Conserving 10w-30 that meets JASO T 903 Standard MA with API Service SG or higher. One good choice would be Honda GN-4 4 stroke oil. Any other quality oil for motorcycles will probably be OK as long as it meets all the specs. Oil capacity with filter change is 3.6 Qts according to the manual. As for the oil filter you can go with the Honda 15410-MFJ-D01 motorcycle filter. I have read that there are several automotive oil filters that should work. A few examples would be : Bosch 3300, Mobil-1 M1-108 or K&N 204. As for other things to inspect and service: I would check / adjust valve lash , consider bleeding out old brake fluid and replacing it (DOT-4 fluid), and consider draining and replacing the engine coolant. The air filter is also close to being due (12K miles according to manual). And of course don't forget to clean and lube the drive chain at 500 to 600 mile intervals. As for purchasing manuals, the Honda dealer or this forum may be the best place to find them. Don't feel like you are alone, I am very new to this forum and there are some great write ups on how to do most of the maintenance on these bikes and some videos can also be found on you tube. Hope this helps a bit .

Back