• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anti Fog?

OneGun

Reaction score
Visit site
So I have a new helmet for which they don't make a pinlock shield for :)(). Can anyone recommend an anti-fog spray or something so I can ride in the chilly weather?

This helmet (Icon Variant) also has a breath box that can be purchased, but I don't know if I want to deal with that.

Any/all input appreciated.

Don't laugh but I've had success in other applications with "Cat Crap". Marketed to snowboarders/skiers, I have used it while skydiving on camera lenses and goggles with decent results. Rub on a thin layer to a haze, buff off.

Cat Crap Anti-Fog Review - webBikeWorld

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
They all work a little. None of them work very long.
The fancy coating workers in freezers use is the best, but if you touch it it quits working.

yep. seems like the best solution is a combo approach with sunglasses and faceshield and windshield, by varying how far open the faceshield is at different times, and using helmet venting to advantage. I've gotten used to riding open face with sunglasses for a lot of the time when I'm not hauling *** too hard -- in fact I like it.

I was looking for something for the outside of my face shield and found that Rain-X has a plastic version now (https://www.rainx.com/product/plastic-water-repellent/rain-x-plastic-water-repellent/). May also work to keep the fog off the inside?

I used Cat Crap many years ago when I skied since I wore glasses under my goggles back then instead of the contacts that I wear now. Worked very well, but did have to be re-applied periodically for best results.

Before I upgraded to a helmet with pinlock, I tried a few different products.

Quick Spit (designed for SCUBA masks) worked pretty well, but not good enough that I'd recommend it.

For the money nothing I've tried works any better than Barbasol (yep, the shaving cream).

[video=youtube;bgFsuj_B5Q0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgFsuj_B5Q0[/video]

I've actually used Barbasol before, but after I put it on, I never rode that much. That was back in the day before I even rode bikes... just had my 4-wheelers, but that's what a friend of mine suggested and I do remember trying it. Might just give that a whirl.

Might see how it works on the old beard too, while I'm at it! Normally I'm an Edge gel man.

Back when I worked the night shift and was riding to work in the dark I used to have a Fog City insert on the inside of the face shield on the helmets I wore at the time. It worked pretty well but was a pain in the butt to install. I got pretty good at it after the first couple of tries. INVISION (FOG CITY) PROSHIELD - ANTI-FOG VISOR INSERT | eBay

liquid dish washing soap, the type you use for washing dishes by hand, works about the best but you do get some rainbow effects in bright light and have to reapply it every once it a while depending on how mush you use your helmet and how much humidity is around. Same idea as shaving cream.

The best thing I have is a breath deflector that velcos into the helmet at the chin bar. It makes a pretty good seal against my face & keeps breath out of the helmet.

I don't use any of the sprays or breath deflectors or anything. I use a stick on pin-lock insert. It works the exact same as an awesome pinlock set up, but it sticks to the inside of your existing visor so you don't have to have a pinlock capable system.

Amazon search for "Pro Grip" and choose the clear one. I have them on all my visors and they're fantastic. They're basically the same as the Fog City ones.

I don't use any of the sprays or breath deflectors or anything. I use a stick on pin-lock insert. It works the exact same as an awesome pinlock set up, but it sticks to the inside of your existing visor so you don't have to have a pinlock capable system.

Amazon search for "Pro Grip" and choose the clear one. I have them on all my visors and they're fantastic. They're basically the same as the Fog City ones.

Yeah, I wasn't even aware of such a product until netizen posted in this thread about the fog city. As soon as I saw his post/link, I ordered one. Should be here today. Definitely happy such a thing exists. I love the pinlock on my Shoei, but no such luck for this Icon. Will give the fog city a try, should be exactly what I needed.

Back