• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Richard Hammond tries to ride an Africa Twin...

Yep, Richard Hammond is height challenged. None of those guys are on Top Gear anymore. One got fired, so the other 2 resigned. They do have a show on Amazon now though. Top Gear sucks now with the new host.

As a long time viewer of the original Top Gear, I know that Hammond is a very experienced motorcyclist and that piece was done the way it was for comic effect.

They do have a show on Amazon now though.
On Amazon their show is called 'The Grand Tour'. Out of boredom I clicked on it, not knowing these guys. After watching the first ten minutes of the very first episode, I was hooked on it. Last nite, killing time in the Singapore airport, was rolling on the floor laughing (literally) as Hammond was irritating everyone doing donuts on their grand tour to Italy (season 1, episode 3).

Ray

not knowing these guys.

Grand Tour is very good, but nothing compares to classic Top Gear. Watch the Vietnam special, and then find yourself watching everything else ever made by them... I highly recommend all the "specials" first

Here is the Vietnam special on a weird video site, but they are not easy to find at regular playback speed with decent quality
https://ok.ru/video/92660304556

Found this site with some great Top Gear specials in great quality...

Dark Energy - Dailymotion

Africa Special
Bolivia Special
Romania Special
Worst car in the history of the world
Patagonia Special
The Perfect Road Trip 1 and 2

Unfortunately the polar special is not complete - one of my fav - but they were just uploaded last week so they may be coming

Here is the Vietnam special
That video was a blast from the past for me! My last visit to VN was to ride that train from HCM City to Ha Noi, you wouldn't believe how many cockroaches lived on that train. Stopping at Nha Trang for snorkeling, going over those mountains north of Qui Nhon, to pulling into that Ha Noi train station, all brought back great memories. I even toured Ha Long Bay on a boat for two days-one nite, and those islands are spectacular.

Ray

Some of the top gear shows had Richard riding motorcycles. It was hilarious watching him get caught in the rain with no rain gear on (knowing full well he has rain gear and producers/directors wouldn't allow him to wear it).
Top Gear screwed up royally by firing Jeremy Clarkson. Yea, he punched a producer, but who wouldn't get pissed when your are out doing a remote shoot for 16 hours, no food, and when arriving at hotel, no food and local eateries closed. I would have been upset...
Better option would have been to suspend Jeremy for a few shows, have him do a public apology to the producer and take an anger management course. After 2 episodes with the new hosts (Matt Lablanc was the full time guest host), they lost me as a viewer.

It was hilarious watching him get caught in the rain with no rain gear on (knowing full well he has rain gear and producers/directors wouldn't allow him to wear it).
I normally avoid all British TV, it has a tendency to put me to sleep. Benny Hill and Monty Python had some good moments, like SNL after the 70's, but left you waiting too long between the good ones. Mr. Bean was just torture to watch every holiday. Top Gear does seem a bit contrived to create humorous situations, but The Grand Tour seems to be more honest interactions between two straight men and a clown, at least to me. And the opening of the first episode was brilliant!

Ray

Back