• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

my bike

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
this is my new tracer started work on it making a rack etc.the crash bars are scrapped didn't like it.theres no decent spot to mount them and after market goes over the fairing which to me is pointless ..may as well have bought a naked one.well I mean who wants tubings all over the fairing?
DSC03481.jpgDSC03501.jpgDSC03505.jpgDSC03506.jpg

Fz 07 = twin
Fz 09, Fj09 = triple, and one of the sweetest engines I have ever seen.
I forget what they call the naked versions of,these.

since buying the bike we've not had any decent weather.
and when we did the bike isn't tax for the road.
all I've done is accessories it .lol
oh and it been washed 3 times and it hasn't even been on the road yet.
with half the garage being a workshop it get covered in dust even with a cover over it.
one thing is I dont like the top box so I'm sure gonna miss that frunk.!

Top box looks fine in your pics and you gotta put your groceries somewhere! Give it a chance, you'll learn to love it.

heres the latest to what I've done to the bike.

003.jpg
004.jpg

rear huggers are next to useless but I can't get any better ones yet so I fitted this.
did the same to my old Nc700x.
001.jpg

Had my 1st ride out today.72 miles in all bl**dy cold for my fingers.1st hour was ok but coming back and the sun was starting to go down.I started lose a little feeling my hands so its time to head home...
the bike! the engine is a peach.bike was very flickable and seem well planted ,felt really confident riding it after winter lay off..seat is like a plank.lol but only started to get a very slight numb bum by the time I got home 72 miles normally with a seat like that I'd feel it after 20/30 miles.those so called hand guards are useless good for show only.
found the screen adequate ,lifted it up fully big mistake! got wind buffeting onto my helmet lowered it about 1" purfect.mirrors just about see what is behind me with elbow tucked in...either I get extended mirror bit or my elbow need to go on a diet.lol.overall I'm very pleased with it and I made the right choice. for me it need the rear sprocket to go down 2 tooth.I dont think this will make any difference in accelerating unless your racing with Rossi.by doing this it will make the engine less buzzy and maybe stop that little engine braking going from 1st to 2nd. other wise near as dam perfect. to me.

DSC03554.jpgDSC03555.jpgDSC03556.jpgDSC03557.jpg

another good ride out but this time took my wife with me. wasn't as cold as last time. bike got dirty again but not as muddy as the last ride out.
did 121 miles refill the tank 7.85 litres that work out at 69 mpg speeds no more than 60mph .so pleased with that DSC03558.jpgDSC03560.jpgDSC03561.jpgDSC03565.jpgDSC03564.jpg

Nice bike!
Had a test ride on one yesterday.
Bike was a 17 plate and had only done a 10 mile test ride :)
Engine was really nice and the gearbox was one of the best that I've tried (and I've tried a few!)
Exhaust note was a little on the quiet side, but I am comparing it to the legal can I have fitted.
Would be nice to have a little more decibel.
Bike was very well balanced and really light to handle.
I didnt really have any negative thoughts except that after owning an MT09 I would like a ride on the Tracer 900

Andy

its a good all round bike.I like the sound of a sewing machine.lol
ok having a growl of an exhaust but to me it's get tiresome after awhile.
the only gripe I have at the mo is the revy engine and some times I'm looking for that elusive 7th gear.lol
so I'm thinking of changing the rear sprocket from 43 to 40 tooth.
this I think will give me a bit more relaxing ride.
but we'll see as I'm still running it in of sort.
by sort I mean is I ride at my normal speeds around the moores.
even though the seat feels like a plank,I'm not getting a numb bum till I've done over a hundred miles.
we did a 120 miles round trip and I only felt a little numb but that's it.
on my old NC even after I got it upholstered I would've of felt it more.
we'll see what happens once we start to do bigger miles.
I don't think I'll be changing the screen.
I adjusted it higher but got a lot of wind buffeting so I lowered it till I felt comfortable.
up till now I've done just over 200 miles.
its the weather that is holding me back not to mention a short break away on hols.
went to Spain for a week weather was nice but got back home it was jumper and coat time.lol
after two weeks we went on a 4 day trip,a coach travel to oxford/stratford ..shakespeare country.
stayed in a nice hotel for 3 nights half board for £158 for the two of us and half board to.
a very cheap break.just don't know how they do it.
heres a couple of pictures of our trips.
1st 2 is in benalmadena spain..
015.jpg028.jpg034.jpg032.jpg012.jpg

HAPPY THAT YOU MOVED ON TO A RIDE BETTER for your needs. BTW the HD crack is old and stale. Enjoy you new ride.

HAPPY THAT YOU MOVED ON TO A RIDE BETTER for your needs. BTW the HD crack is old and stale. Enjoy you new ride.
oh you must ride a hardly.lol

well I'm pleased to say with riding two up I'm getting on average 64 mpg which at the mo is slightly better than my old NC700x.

dam that auto!lol
keep forgetting to change gear.twice on tuesday I stalled the bike .
it was still in 5th gear as I tried to pull away.
this is what 4 years of riding an auto does to your brain.

Traded my 2012 NC for a 2016 FJ09 back in October... That's why I haven't been very active on this forum since then.

The NC was great for what it was. I've ridden it for 4 years but it wasn't giving me that riding smile anymore for the last two years. For me, the FJ has better ergos, better brakes, better power, better torque and a better seat, which wasn't difficult to beat ;). It also feels as light as the NC was.

The only thing I will miss is the simplicity of the NC. Only time will tell for the FJ but it's looking good so far.

IMG_0489.jpg

Fz 07 = twin
Fz 09, Fj09 = triple, and one of the sweetest engines I have ever seen.
I forget what they call the naked versions of,these.

MT09 (Euro) and FZ09 (US) are the naked versions with the CP3 engines.
MT09 Tracer (Euro) and FJ09 (US) are the dressed version with the CP3 engines.

I believe same theory goes for the 07 but with the parallel-twin (74 HP) instead of the CP3 Triple (115 HP).

Last edited:
Congrats on the new bike Frank. Looks pretty sharp! As long as you are on two wheels and smiling that is what counts. Thanks for sharing that sweet ride with us. :D

@JohnaKay, That is a really nice bike. Sounds like your getting pretty good fuel economy from it. For me that is big draw with the NC is the fuel economy, but it is good to hear other bikes are capable MPG machines. You should check out Fuelly.com and log your mileage there so others are made aware that this bike is a good machine for fuel economy.

so far no less than 60 mpg how ever I ride it..
on average I get 64 mpg.
fuel gauge say's other wise. from a full tank to 2 bars left on the fuel gauge after only a 100 miles .
these tanks hold 17 ltrs but when fill up comes after doing 156 miles I only put in 7.26 ltrs .
I've done over 1200 miles in the last couple of months(due to weather permitting) and getting on average 65 mpg.
I was only getting 60 from the NC and riding a bit faster I was getting around 50mpg.
with the tracer it doesn't seem to have any effect.
still get 60 mpg--best 69 mpg.
bare in mind I ride 2 up to.
top speed I've done(once only) is 90 mph but mostly its between 40 to 70 mph.
I dont feel any need for more speed.
she certainly a lot quicker than the NC.
good bike all round.

Back