• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ctx 1300

rugerfan

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just discovered the CTX1300 today while wandering around ebay. Anyone have experience with one? Any info greatly appreciated, since the deluxe seems to be about 99% of what I'm looking for in a new bike, only needs heated grips, battery dongle, and taller windscreen to be right for year-round riding.

That's one long pair of legs. The pics I could find of riders on them seem to have 3 - 4" of clearance to the valve covers like I do.

I'm not a cruiser kind of guy and the CTX1300 does not appeal to me however it's based on the ST1300 which does appeal to me and I know of a few guys that have moved off the ST onto the CTX. I've owned two STs and my current one I have put 164,xxx miles on it. The engine and drive train of the CTX/ST1300 is absolutely bullet proof. The CTX is tuned for less horsepower but retains the smooth buttery torque delivery of the V4 engine. These guys added taller windshields and seem to be happy with them.

I just discovered the CTX1300 today while wandering around ebay. Anyone have experience with one? Any info greatly appreciated, since the deluxe seems to be about 99% of what I'm looking for in a new bike, only needs heated grips, battery dongle, and taller windscreen to be right for year-round riding.

I only sat on one in the dealership. I'm 5'8" with 30" inseam and I liked the posture on the bike. It's up-right, but pegs are slightly more forward compared to NC. Still, knees make 90 degree angle, so it's not cruiser-posture. I felt its weight under me, but I could tell that the center of gravity is low. Seat is low as well. I liked the spaceship-like cockpit, which is far, far away from the rider. I hope this helps.

I did numerous test rides on that bike at several different dealers. I really wanted to like that model. That's why I kept going back to it, hoping I would overcome the issues I had with it. I wanted to replace my Goldwing with the CTX1300. It looked right, sat right, and had pretty much just the right options for me. But after all of those test rides I kept finding fault with several areas. The suspension had a very short travel and gave a pretty harsh city ride. The slightly forward controls prevented me from raising up even slightly off the seat when it came time to hit the bumps, potholes, railroad tracks, etc., that I encountered on the test rides. I was also frustrated with the mirror placement. And the fit and finish was a bit flawed on every model I looked at; the panels surrounding the upper areas did not fit properly. I did a lot of forum searches and found that my observations weren't unique.

I think I could have gotten past the mirror and fitment issues but the ride just didn't suit me. Sorry for the negatives. I think Honda could have had a category killer if they had put a little more effort into that motorcycle. Try to ride one as much as you can. Hope you have better luck than I had. And I think the pricing on those right now is deeply discounted so you should get a sweet deal.

Last edited:
When I attend Wing Ding, I camp out at the Honda demo truck. The staff knows my wife and me on a first name basis. They had the CTX1300 there when it came out. After people test rode this model, they were singled out to take a formal survey. It's the only model I've ever noticed Honda do a post ride survey on.

The bike rode OK, but it's just not my style, so I didn't pay close attention to it's pros and cons. Honda, in my opinion, made a cruiser/touring bike out of a sport touring platform (perhaps using some styling cues from the now defunct Rune), just to see if they could find a market. I noticed later quite a few incentives were offered to move inventory. I now see the last model year on the Honda site is 2014. It looks to me like a failed experiment at this point.

But, that's not to say it's not the one to buy if it floats your boat.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I'm still looking at every mid-size bike on the market to find the one I would like enough to keep for a couple of years. Since I get bored easily, this is a difficult task. I'll probably still be looking next year at this time. Happy New Year to everyone.

Back