• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need help installing new factory center stand

leothelipp

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok the instructions tell you to remove the two mufler bolts,but not the muffler? It doesnt appear they want you to re install the lower muffler bolt after installation. Very poor instructions.

So far I have top case,side cases,and have installed my Garmin and heat gear wiring. This shouldnt be that hard. Heated grips next week.

It was much easier to attach the springs and than just force the center stand on. took 5 minutes

Last edited:
I'm surprised to hear this with a factory stand... I didn't have to move or loosen anything to fit my SW Motech stand...
Removing the exhaust bolts allows easier insertion of the upper spring hook. You don't actually remove the exhaust just move it a little down so it's out of the way. I thought the instructions were easy enough to follow. One bolt is below the engine about at the frame tab the center stand attaches to and the other at the muffler. These are two bolts holding the exhaust system to the bike. After installing the spring hook you bolt the exhaust system back in place.

Leo, Hope you got your centerstand on ok. I am actually trying to install one now and am having an issue pulling and hooking the heavy spring. I don't have a spring puller but managed to get the small inside spring hooked ok. How did you get the springs hooked? Also, if anyone out there has any good ideas please let me know. Tired of getting my knuckles and fingers chewed up! Thanks.

I used a drum brake tool. Has hook on it for pulling springs. Other options are piano wire or strong rope in a loop with both ends tied to a small piece of wood to use as a handle. There is a thread on here where someone attached the springs before attaching the stand. Basically attach the springs to the stand and the bike, start the bar through the stand and then both taping on the bar and pushing on the stand to get the bar through and aligned on the right side.

Installing OEM Honda Stand with no spring assist tool

Here is the part that will help you out:

Now, the pictures make this look all easy and such, and it is, if you follow my 1 hint for the very last part. If you did not have these instructions in English, you would miss the part where at the last step, they suggest you install the springs first, and then slide the shaft into the stand.

I had a friend help me on this last part. Those springs are very strong.

Here is my suggestion to make it quick and easy.

Tool needed are 1 rubber mallet.

Step 1. Connect the springs to the SPRING HOOK

Step 2. Connect the springs to the CENTER STAND

Step 3. Start on the LEFT SIDE of the bike. Slide the MAIN STAND SHAFT into the bikes bracket and into the stand itself.

Step 4. Use the foot press part of the MAIN/CENTER STAND as a hand hold, and pivot the stand into alignment as close as you can get it. Use a friend to help guild you. It will take a bit of strength, but not nearly as crazy as it is to stretch those springs.

As you pivot the stand into alignment (you are aligning the right side by the way) Use your free hand to swing the rubber mallet and moderately hit the MAIN STAND SHAFT to slide it into the right side bracket. This may take some finesse, but it works.

Step 5. Secure MAIN STAND SHAFT with the 6 MM PLUG BOLT. I used blue loctite, as I do not want this coming loose.

Withdraw the shaft far enough to release the one side of the pivot. Hook the springs on. Then pull the stand into position and have a helper tap the shaft through.

Here's a trick a lot of the V-Strom guys use. I looks like it should apply to the NC as well.

What's the trick? A long nylon boot lace!

1. Roll the bike until a spoke on the rear wheel is vertical and down.
2. Brace the centerstand in the 'up' position (I used a couple of to be recycled tin cans).
3. Use a bowline knot to tie one end of the bootlace through the hole in the spoke
4. Attach the springs to the frame side stud.
5. Loop the lace through the U at the end of the small spring.
6. Brace your foot against the front tire and pull on the lace toward the back of the bike.
7. The U on the end of the spring will act as a pulley giving you a mechanical advantage of two. And it will guide the spring end into the slot!
8. Do the same thing with the large spring. I used leather gloves to pull the lace for the big spring.

Centerstand spring installation without pain!!!

I managed to fit the Spring hook without touching the exhaust bolts.

Thank you for this piece of very timely (for me) information. Upon reading this I decided to try this and found that it is not all that hard to do. No tools needed, just a little finesse and practice.

Had I not seen your post I would have probably not even tried this.:)

When I installed my center stand, I kept it even simpler by laying the bike down in the grass so I could easily get to the underside.
The hard part was picking that bugger up again, but I already knew that, and had help lined up :)

Here's a trick a lot of the V-Strom guys use. I looks like it should apply to the NC as well.

What's the trick? A long nylon boot lace!

1. Roll the bike until a spoke on the rear wheel is vertical and down.
2. Brace the centerstand in the 'up' position (I used a couple of to be recycled tin cans).
3. Use a bowline knot to tie one end of the bootlace through the hole in the spoke
4. Attach the springs to the frame side stud.
5. Loop the lace through the U at the end of the small spring.
6. Brace your foot against the front tire and pull on the lace toward the back of the bike.
7. The U on the end of the spring will act as a pulley giving you a mechanical advantage of two. And it will guide the spring end into the slot!
8. Do the same thing with the large spring. I used leather gloves to pull the lace for the big spring.

Centerstand spring installation without pain!!!

This was a great tip and I more or less just used it from memory from reading it a month ago. But I should have looked this post up before I actually did it - I did not use the pulley, just a direct connection from the wheel spoke to springs with a short piece of nylon clothesline. The force required to move the bike without that pulley advantage meant the bike would not hold its position by the side stand alone. So I had to recruit a helper to guide the spring into place while I moved the bike forward and back. Still amazingly easy, but I really wanted to do it single handed.

Hey guys, I'm getting to this thread very late so I apologize. I just received my center stand for my NCX DC from a place in Japan called webike.com I pretty great deal but it came to me with Japanese instructions. I live in an apartment complex and have no real way of raising the bike to make the installation. This seems like it would be difficult to do while on the side stand. Do I need to get instructions in English or just follow what was posted earlier? Also, might be hard to get some help for this...

Hey guys, I'm getting to this thread very late so I apologize. I just received my center stand for my NCX DC from a place in Japan called webike.com I pretty great deal but it came to me with Japanese instructions. I live in an apartment complex and have no real way of raising the bike to make the installation. This seems like it would be difficult to do while on the side stand. Do I need to get instructions in English or just follow what was posted earlier? Also, might be hard to get some help for this...
You do not need to raise the bike to install the center stand. Just install the stand with the bike on the side stand. (You can get instructions from the Honda accessory website)
Once everything, except the springs are installed, just follow the instructions, posted earlier, about using a rope or cord attached to the rear wheel and roll the bike forward to stretch and attach the 2 springs. It is easier and less complicated than it sounds.
Good luck.

I didn't install the the stand and then the springs, I did it the other way 'round. Much easier, I thought.

Attach the springs to the centre stand hook and the bike's hook (after you first bolt the hook onto the bike of course) line up the stand's mounts below/in front of where they slot into on the bike, and then just pull back/up on the stand's left leg (the stand being in the "up while riding" position) with your right hand, and push the long bolt through the stand and into the bike with your left hand. It was very easy.

Back