• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Motovlogger crashes - wear your gear!

Hank

Reaction score
Visit site
Both Walterrific and Yammi Noob have crashed recently.
Yammi was just going too fast, and his helmet saved him.

https://youtu.be/-ngusODMCsY

Walterrific was changing music tracks on his phone and hit a curb. He was wearing a helmet but doesn't normally wear a jacket or armored pants. He broke his collar bone.

https://youtu.be/gcG3AQHEaZg

They both ride pretty recklessly, though there are those who are much worse.

Last edited:
There seems to be a rather high correlation between motovlogging and crashing.

Re Walter's: it is shocking to me how many riders do not know the difference between comprehensive, collision, and liability insurance.

(And if you don't:)

Comprehensive: theft, hitting road debris (like a big rock), hitting an animal, tree falling on your bike

Collision: You crash your bike. If someone else isn't in a crash report, it will be a collision claim. This is like 50% of bike wrecks, tho I doubt it's that bad for our bikes' demographics.

Liability: Pays to fix other people's vehicles and bodies. Mandated limits are really low. If you have assets, this needs to not be at the minimum.

Medical payments: Pays for medical for you and your passenger.

Don't forget uninsured motorist coverage, for the times you are smacked by a deadbeat with no insurance.

In Oklahoma uninsured motorist is not required, but it is very foolish not to carry it, and if you have it on your car it carries over to your motorcycle.

I bet collision was explained to Walter and he turned it down to save some cash back when he had a very cheap bike. Then when he got a nicer bike they just carried it over.

I am amazed and horrified at the number of reviews of Sena (etc) gear that gush about how clear the phone sound is. Dude! Why are you taking phone calls on your motorcycle?

Last edited:
So, phone on the right hand (front brake) side, with one hand on phone and the other wasn't on the bars.
Not the best way to ride, or survive.

Last edited:
I'm sorry he crashed and glad he's ok. I complain about distracted driving by others so I don't do it. Hopefully this consequence can educate and prevent future instances.

I have noticed that our brains are wired to assume that if we do something one time and survive, that it must be safe.

Back