• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Almost had a clutch issue...

peergum

Reaction score
r-atw.com
Just after refilling my tank at the gas station I leave and of a sudden the clutch just go weird. The top screw tying it to the handlebar was getting loose... almost lost it.

Just wondering what I'd have done a few minutes later had I entered the highway and started getting up the gears and of a sudden lost that screw...

9de4787b700cdde991c6bd257382b8dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should have the same nut under the front brake lever. I'd take a picture but they are covered by my Winter handguards.

At the risk of hijacking your thread it is possible to both upshift and downshift without a clutch. It's not preferable but it is possible and it will get you home as well as out of the way of traffic bearing down on you.

At the risk of hijacking your thread it is possible to both upshift and downshift without a clutch. It's not preferable but it is possible and it will get you home as well as out of the way of traffic bearing down on you.

I guess I'd just have to listen to the engine to guess when to shift up/down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back