• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Inarrestabile dct

You can teach a old dog new tricks. Being new to the DCT, one of the thiings I learned yesterday was when parked with the front wheel of the DCT heading down hill put on the emergency brake. I walked away down hill from the DCT, and soon the bike was rolling down hill on its own right behind me. So, I have now had my first DCT drop, pickup (with the help of a few folks), and scratch, but like always when I drop a bike it was in the dirt. So, this video did make me think of what I did yesterday.

Last edited:
Just make sure you equalize, with a similar drop to the other side.
We want a balanced ride. Good for aesthetics, too.

You can teach a old dog new tricks. Being new to the DCT, one of the thiings I learned yesterday was when parked with the front wheel of the DCT heading down hill put on the emergency brake. I walked away down hill from the DCT, and soon the bike was rolling down hill on its own right behind me. So, I have now had my first DCT drop, pickup (with the help of a few folks), and scratch, but like always when I drop a bike it was in the dirt. So, this video did make me think of what I did yesterday.

Just make sure you equalize, with a similar drop to the other side.
We want a balanced ride. Good for aesthetics, too.

HEH.
Around 1975 or so I was all alone on a road in Arkansas far from anwhere and anyone as far as I knew. I stopped to rest and my bike fell over some how. The Vetter faring frame bent and the bars travel being affected, were, in my opinion, unsafe to use. I spent quite some time taking it apart and came to find out that witout some vise or other leverage I could not straighten it out. Sooo..........yep. I reassembled all, stood the bike in the same sort of attitude it was in when I "lost it", closed my eyes (with apologies in my heart) and let it go.

Perfect alignment with matching scratches.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Just call it a christening. And a fitting one for such a machine :cool:

Back