• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Great Site to help you figure out best sprocket combo's

I checked both my Speed Triple and KTM SMT and it isn't quite correct. According to the chart it says my Speed III does 101 at 3,760 rpm in 6th. If I remember correctly, at 4,000 rpm I am doing about 65, and I know I'm not doing 120 on the SMT at 4,500 rpm in 6th.

Go back and have a second look at the calculator. It's a given that OEM speedos are not exact but I noticed the default speed was Kilometres Per Hour, when you open the gearing commander.

Being from Minnahhsooota, yer prolly used to them Miles Per Hour thangs. ; )

I checked both my Speed Triple and KTM SMT and it isn't quite correct. According to the chart it says my Speed III does 101 at 3,760 rpm in 6th. If I remember correctly, at 4,000 rpm I am doing about 65, and I know I'm not doing 120 on the SMT at 4,500 rpm in 6th.

Command.jpg

Last edited:
I was talking to a mechanic at the dealer and he said they got a service bulletin on the nc700x that said NOT to change the sprocket size.

I used that site to estimate sprocket size for my CBR250R that was geared way too short (IMO). I added 1 tooth to the front sprocket to lower the RPM a bit for highway cruising. The NCX, I think, is geared appropriately. But if I were to change anything, it would to make the 5th slightly taller and keep 6th the same.

I was talking to a mechanic at the dealer and he said they got a service bulletin on the nc700x that said NOT to change the sprocket size.

This comment puzzled me for a bit, and then I realized: Ahh! I could maybe see the DTC models not being too happy with mucking about with very much of a gearing change.

I'm a math tard, so it will take considerable synapse firing for me to to suss out how many teeth to add to the rear sprocket to increase my RPM by (hopefully as little as) about 100-200. :eek:

I don't want to increase with a one tooth less front sprocket. That would change the rpm way more than I want, and I dislike going smaller front if at all avoidable anyway.

Would one tooth added to a rear sprocket count, bump up the RPM juuuuust past the 3,000 mark @ 62 mph I wonder?

Moot point I guess if there are no suitable sprockets with the right number count, but one can always hope...

Back