• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

RPHA Max Helmet Fail -- Check Yours.

Fuzzy

Reaction score
Visit site
I lifted the chin bar on my RPHA Max and heard a pop followed by a piece of plastic falling to the floor. The pivot hinge failed as seen in this picture.

IMG_3433.jpg

This picture shows the face shield and hinge off so the broken plastic piece can be seen where it was.

IMG_3436.jpg

Replacement hinges are available for $10 per pair. My helmet is toast though unless super glue will hold the plastic piece back on the chin bar.

This weekend I rode with a friend who has the same helmet. I told him of my issue and showed him on his helmet where mine had broken. His was cracked from the top to the screw in the same location so close to failure like mine. Fortunately he only has a $10 repair.

I had the same issue, i live about 10 mile for the HJC headquarter. i am still under the 5 year warranty. i am sure you are too.

have them replace it for you. I have the new version of it. it now has a metal plate on that area that prevent it from happening. i can take photo of mine at another time.

hjc.jpg

here is a photo of the new version . get your replace under warranty. it will have new base plate and new metal support. the screw head seem to help as well as they a bit bigger, i guess they notice the design flaw with earlier versions

and based on your photo, you need a new chin bar and base plates

Last edited:
Back