• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC Owners and other rides

Canuck

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm just being curious... Do any of you (NC700 & 750x owners) have a second, bigger and more comfortable bike for longer rides with a passenger? If so, what motorcycle did you fall for? Maybe not for the time being, but in 2 to 3 years from now, I'd like to have 2 bikes. One for everyday commuting, and a bigger one for touring and travelling with my wife. I'll have to work overtime for that, though.;)

Can't wait to read your answers!

Hi all,

I'm just being curious... Do any of you (NC700 & 750x owners) have a second, bigger and more comfortable bike for longer rides with a passenger? If so, what motorcycle did you fall for? Maybe not for the time being, but in 2 to 3 years from now, I'd like to have 2 bikes. One for everyday commuting, and a bigger one for touring and travelling with my wife. I'll have to work overtime for that, though.;)

Can't wait to read your answers!

Here is a similar thread about other bikes owned: http://nc700-forum.com/forum/the-bar/11881-current-bikes-owned-what-you-like-about-each.html

But, your question was more specific, about passengers and touring. I'd suggest you take the passenger along looking and see what passenger accommodations they fall for. I think the vast majority of the street bikes available show little regard for passenger comfort and safety. You couldn't get me to ride on most pillion seats.

My two-up touring machine is a Honda Goldwing 1800. I think if you show that passenger seat to your co-rider, they'd be in love with it. The only problem I have with it is that my wife sometimes falls asleep back there.

Prior to the Goldwing (which I bought in 2004), I had an ST1100. It was so-so for the passenger, but I switched to the Goldwing to make long(er) distance riding a better experience for the wife.

image.jpg

Last edited:
My First bike is a 1999 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, Flat 6 engine. My second bike is the NC700X. For long trips I take the Valkyrie for many reasons. Comfort is one of them.

My second bike is a Honda NT700V that I bought new in Dec '09. It has a fairing, integrated bags, a Givi top box, 5.2 gal tank, and electronic cruise control. The engine is almost the same size as the NC but a completely different beast and it's an offshoot of the Honda Hawk 650 v-twin from the late-1980s.

At 60 mph, the NT is revving at 4000 rpm but my NC is going 75 mph at the same revs! I still use it for long trips and in June rode to New England with friends and we were gone for 10-days. Gas mileage is in the mid-50s so it can go 200-225 miles without concern.

Last edited:
But, to answer the question in the original thread post, what are the Valkyrie and the NT700V like for the passenger? I know the newest Valkyrie model has a passenger seat the size of a big dinner plate. My wife absolutely refused to do a test ride on it, and I didn't blame her.

Last edited:
The NC 700 IS my big bike. If I needed a tourer right now I like the FJR at 650 pounds.

I'd love to be able to own more than one motorcycle..but...
to paraphrase from the movie "Full Metal Jacket"

This is my motorcycle.
There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My motorcycle is my best friend.
It is my life.
I must master it as I must master my life.
My motorcycle, without me, is useless.
Without my motorcycle, I am useless.
I must ride my motorcycle true.
I must ride straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me, and I WILL.

Last edited:
Back