• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Riser install on a 2014 NC750XA

lue42

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Canadian 2014 750 with ABS. Manual.

I went to install a set of risers and the cables for the clutch and brake are far too short. I have read some hints about the brake cable and will try them, but that still leaves the clutch cable. There is almost no extra length at all. I traced the cable as far back as I could and could not find anything clamping it. It just seems too short.

Does anyone have any recommendations.

These are the risers I have:

HTB1aMucLXXXXXawXpXXq6xXFXXXY.jpg

I think South Bound Honda had a link for a custom cable maker in one of his posts on the subject. Not sure of the price point.

Did you try using the search function? Popped up all kinds of results for clutch cable stuff. Try this one... i think the ctx 700 cable may help you.

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/garage...ng-longer-clutch-cable-anybody-found-one.html

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I have ordered the CTX clutch cable referenced in the above link. I will post a report of how it works with two inch risers.

For the front brake hydraulic hose, custom brake hoses can easily be ordered in any length with whatever style fittings you want. Some suppliers are even found on eBay.

Last edited:
curious how the CTX clutch cable worked out? Thanks

I have installed the CTX clutch cable on both of my NC700Xs. The first has stock bars and 2 inch risers. The second has flatter aftermarket bars and 3.2 inch risers. The CTX cable is about 4 inches longer than a stock NC cable. In both of my examples the new cable fits fine, albeit with a little excess that gets taken up with bigger, longer arches in the cable path. It the new cable we're 3 inches longer it would be ideal, but it does work OK being 4 inches longer.

I may may be trying a 3.2 inch rise on my NC with the stock bars, so the CTX clutch cable will be ideal for that. However, for that project I'll need to lengthen the electrical cables as well.

I have some CTX throttle cables also, but I have not needed to install them yet. For some reason the stock throttle cable length is more forgiving than the stock clutch cable length.

Back