• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Scorpion EXO-AT950 Helmet, Shout Out

Rum Runner

Reaction score
Visit site
So I just want to give a little shout out for this helmet. Knowing I was over due to replace my aging helmet I have also been on the fence on what I had to do first. Upgrade my stock tall windshield to reduce the horrible buffering that has been drinking me Bat Shit Crazy. Or replace my helmet. So thinking I would most likely have to take a gamble and order on line, I decided to check out my local dealer anyway. Boy am I glad I did. They had one, size and graphics I wanted. The second I put it on I knew I would be wearing it home. Now for the part I Still don't believe. The Buffering, driving me B.S.C. IS pretty much gone. And I haven't even taken the visor off the helmet yet. With the face shield up and the sun visor down, It's a dream I till you. And so far I don't see another upgrade from the stock tall shield. So for those who my be experiencing anything similar just my want to look into another helmet. I'm a year round rider and as horrible as it my sound, I'm looking forward to my first downpour for a test. And that won't be long from now. Any issues I'll give an update.

Crazy timing, I just ordered that helmet last night with the neon yellow paint job! Glad to hear that the buffering has improved for you. My older Bell Revolver is a size too large and is crazy noisy. I had dealt with the noise issue by wearing NoNoise ear plugs, but I knew that the size issue would have to be dealt with sooner rather than later. Now that my daughter is riding we bought comms units and I can only hear her clearly up to about 45mph. She says she can hear me just fine up to 60 in her modular! I was thinking about going with the pure street 920 version, but I ride into the sun every morning and that beak is going to come in very handy. Plus I'd like to start hitting trails in the near future.

Tests say it passed their water tightness test, and as I ride Easter - Christmas I will be hitting rain pretty soon. My Revolver recently started dripping down the inside, so the seal is probably wearing thin!

webBikeWorld gave it pretty high praise too! Scorpion EXO-AT950 Review - webBikeWorld

How does it fit in the frunk? What size? Would it fit with a Sena?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Mine hasn't arrived yet, but with the beak I will be surprised if it fits the trunk. After watching a number of video reviews I do NOT anticipate any problems with headset installation. The bottom of the helmet where the main unit mounts was specifically mentioned as being a flat area which should suit Sena et. al. units just fine. I'll update once it's here.

It's not time for a new lid for me, but I do like this one. Any thoughts on pricing forecast? I found a good deal on Scorpion gear before (street jacket), only to see the prices skyrocket on the product later.

Do you think the current prices will hold even if this sells well?

I'll do a frunk fit test later today. I keep my tool roll, cargo net, extra Rok-straps, towel and other stuff in there usually, so it won't fit with all that in. I'll take it out and test though. I'm currently riding it without the peak as the sun has now changed it's trajectory for my daily commute and isn't an issue right now. I also have a 2016 NC with the slightly larger frunk. So not sure overall how useful my fit test results will be for you!

On a separate note, I bought the version with high-viz sections - to improve my visibility to others. If you're up to date on the "what did you do..." thread you'll see that I just added CustomTaylor33 rim tape. At the same time I've also added some reflective stickers to the helmet. The pictures don't do it justice, in either reflective 'dark' or in regular light. In regular light the color of the stickers match almost perfectly the high-viz on the helmet, and in the dark the reflective stickers really light up.

Small front stickers
2016-10-07-07.57.01-web.jpg

back quarter and rear stickers
2016-10-07-07.57.31-web.jpg 2016-10-07-07.58.00-web.jpg

This is a modular helmet, and no it's not fully closed! The colors that you see with you eyes is more like the second picture, which is why I took it, but the first picture helps show the detail in the reflective stickers.
2016-10-07-07.59.12-web.jpg

2016-10-07-08.17.59-web.jpg

Poor photos, but this is a flashlight in a dark room. Next time I'm out in the evening I'll take a photo of the helmet sitting on my bike as a comparo with the rim tape!
2016-10-09-12.57.00-web.jpg

2016-10-09-12.57.45-web.jpg

FYI, I bought the GT version a few weeks ago after finally finding a place that I can try on different sizes of it since I read reports that the fit is weird. I ended up needing a XL. My Nolan and Scorpion 1100 was a L and my Shark was a M. My chin still feels like it comes down a little past where it should be.

That's a no on fitting in the frunk. I took everything out and tried it face down and face up. I have a L helmet. Face down it looks like it might just fit, but the frunk lid was not going to be even close! If I forced the helmet even further in then getting it out would be almost impossible as there's nowhere to get hold of the helmet to lift it out.

Thankfully I never planned on using frunk to store a helmet, I use it for my other 'bits and pieces' and then leave the rest of the space open to put the occasional grocery item etc. If I'm out for a ride and make a stop, then I use the provided helmet keeper & built-in hook under the pillion seat. I take the headset off the helmet and leave that in the frunk though!!

2016-10-09-17.24.34-web.jpg

2016-10-09-17.25.09-web.jpg

2016-10-09-17.25.20-web.jpg

Put the bike away and then remembered to take a photo of the helmet at night on the bike! So couldn't take a pic from the side, but here's a couple from the front and for comparison there's the NC700X sticker on the beak as well as a couple of dots from the CustomTaylor13 rim tape sheet.

Back of the helmet, although the large triangles on the back quarters still show up
2016-10-09-19.57.20-web.jpg

Front has a couple of really small strips at the chin and a larger strip on the forehead.
2016-10-09-19.57.37-web.jpg

I still have quite a few stickers left over, not sure how I want to use them yet though.

Back