• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

DCT gear indicator sensor: any info?

Markino

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,
a guy told me that looking to a DCT version of NC he saw that near front sproket there is a "sensor" that in the manual version thare isn't... maybe that is the gear indication sensor/device?
Someone that has the workshop manual can give us some information and/or schematic in order to understand if is it possible adding that sensor/device, into a maual version, to have the gear indicator?

Thanks!

That thing is called a "TR Sensor". It is not a usual 1-N-2-3-4-5-6 rotary switch, it is a potentiometer connected directly to the ECM. It is used in conjonctual with various other sensors for the DCT operation.

Looking at the service manual, I believe that the DCT and manual versions have completely different engine cases, because the location of that TR Sensor is replaced with our gearshift linkage on the manual version... The only thing I see coming out of that gearbox is a neutral switch :-(

Hi all,
a guy told me that looking to a DCT version of NC he saw that near front sproket there is a "sensor" that in the manual version thare isn't... maybe that is the gear indication sensor/device?
Someone that has the workshop manual can give us some information and/or schematic in order to understand if is it possible adding that sensor/device, into a maual version, to have the gear indicator?

Thanks!

Electrical schematic of the manual and DCT models differ, of course. The manual has a module called an ECM, whereas the DCT instead has a PCM. Also noted is that on both models the instrument cluster has hard wire dedicated lines for vehicle speed, indicator lights, fuel level, etc, in addition to an apparent serial communication link. However on the DCT schematic it does not show dedicated lines to the instruments for gear position.

My own conclusion from that brief analysis is that the gear position info comes from the PCM and is transmitted to the instrument panel via serial link. On the manual version, you don't have the PCM, so adding gear position indication is not likely to be a simple wiring modification.

BTW, looking at the X vs XD versions of the schematics reveals that there's a whole lot more going on electrically in the DCT than in the manual bike!

Back