• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Touring Windscreen Change?

Peskymegabeing

Reaction score
Visit site
People,
Can I have your thoughts on whether its worth replacing the windscreen on my NC750, as I currently have the standard screen.
What are the pros & cons, with replacing the screen?
I would assume it offers better protection and comfort from buffeting, but does it effect the handling and fuel consumption at all?
Is it worth fitting the Honda touring screen, or is an after market version better.
Awaiting your valuable feedback as usual.
Cheers David

UPDATE ON ABOVE
Cheers For the feedback people.
I am 5'10", and regarding the Honda screen, my local Honda dealer said that the STD Honda touring screen wont fit my bike as its a 2016 model, so I will be looking for an after market option.
so I will be checking all your suggestions.

Last edited:
How tall are you? Depending on your height you can can away with a Givi or Honda touring. I am 6'2 and have the Givi and the wind noise and buffeting is awful.

I am considering a Madstad screen (NC700X / NC750X thru 2015) but the cost is prohibitive at this point (being in Canada, with the exchange, shipping, etc) and honestly, I don't think the 22" looks that great... but if it makes the bike ridable on long rides, so be it.

I recently bought and am waiting to receive a deflector/spoiler from China. It is the same idea as the Puig deflector but only $40 (Canadian) (Free Shipping Motorcycle CNC Aluminum Universal Windshield Airflow Adjustable Windscreen For BMW KTM Aprilia Ducati white-in Windscreens & Wind Deflectors from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group). I am hoping it makes the ride tolerable enough for now. If the deflector doesn't work then I will have to decide on the Madstad.

I know that this bike is not my forever bike. I love it and it will get me through the first couple of years of learning (new rider), graduated licencing, and high insurance. I don't want to put too much $ into it because of that.

Hi David,

I bought last month a new NC750XD and after 1000 kms, I knew I would not get happy from the standard fly screen.
After having read many stories about other windscreens, I ordered this week a Madstad 20 inch screen with side deflectors at BikeHPS in the UK for GBP 280, shipping to NL included. Yes, Madstad IS pretty much the most expensive one can get, BUT it works for almost anyone due to the positioning brackets. Yesterday I received the screen but without the deflectors, so I must wait another week before I can mount the whole set.

I'll post my findings when I have it on the bike.

Greetz,
René

I have a 20" Madstad with deflectors. You could mount the screen without the deflectors for now, and when the time comes you just have to loosen the mounting bolts and the deflector brackets just slip under the washers.

Having said that I tried mine without the deflectors and did not like it. They really help the screen and create a much larger "quiet zone" in my experience.

What year is your NC and how tall are you? Do you have a specific problem with your current screen? The 2016 has a larger screen than the previous model.
FYI I have the 2016 and at 5'6" I find the original screen to be the a good height for me, but I find some buffeting on my chest due to (I think) it's narrowness. I'm thinking of home-brewing some laminar lips for the sides of the OEM screen before I go the expense of an aftermarket replacement.

I own a 2015 model, 6'3" tall with a short upper body. I do not experience a lot of buffeting but just want to ride with my vizor a little bit open without the chance of getting hit in the face by insects. Less noise would be nice too.

I have a 20" Madstad with deflectors. You could mount the screen without the deflectors for now, and when the time comes you just have to loosen the mounting bolts and the deflector brackets just slip under the washers.

Having said that I tried mine without the deflectors and did not like it. They really help the screen and create a much larger "quiet zone" in my experience.

Today I mounted the screen and it looks very nice on the bike, and at 20" in the lowest setting at 60 degrees angle, my straight sight line is about 2" over the screen, which is pretty perfect to my liking. Also much better (and thicker) quality of screen material. The next few days I'll be testing the Madstad, I expect a big difference already.

BTW, I contacted the UK distributor about the missing side deflectors & brackets, and they checked their stock of these clear screens, it seems that all of this stock is without deflectors. So they requested Madstad USA to send the deflector kits asap so it might take some weeks when I receive mine.

Today I tested just the screen and it is a huge improvement, though not yet perfect. No buffeting, just some acceptable airflow disturbance on top of the helmet which is quite normal compared to my former bikes.
The quite air pocket is large, from lower chest width to shoulders and helmet. However, some buffeting near the belly/hips and along the under arm is present (but never a pain in the ...), which could be solved also with the side deflectors.
I'm already quite happy with the 20" Madstad (nice size), and it looks "adventurously" good on my bike. A photo taken by my wife, in front of my other "sports vehicle"...
HONDA NC750XD - 20160816.jpg

That screen should fit perfectly at the stock mounting holes, no worries about that.
However, such a tall screen AND just 1/8" thickness can flex a bit at higher speeds, as behind the screen there will be quite a large vacuum spot. If you encouter this, you might try to use other longer bolts with a few "filler nuts" to create some distance between screen and mounting holes which reduce the vacuum effect.

That screen should fit perfectly at the stock mounting holes, no worries about that.
However, such a tall screen AND just 1/8" thickness can flex a bit at higher speeds, as behind the screen there will be quite a large vacuum spot. If you encouter this, you might try to use other longer bolts with a few "filler nuts" to create some distance between screen and mounting holes which reduce the vacuum effect.

Thanks for the tips I will try that! I can post some photos once I get it installed.

some people experience less turbulence and buffeting after switching to a smaller screen rather than a larger screen. Keeping the air around your helmet clean might work better than trying to keep your helmet out of the windblast entirely

you can add a clip-on deflector at the top to potentially solve that part of the problem.

i installed the Kappa/Givi touring with side guards and they work much better then stock, till wish it was taller and wider.
View attachment 31521

The Madstad windscreens (18", 20", 22") solve that too but then you get possible issues with the handlebar in full lock due to their size. I can show you some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally got my Parabellum shield and it did not fit. Not even close. Be aware that nc700 windshields do not fit the 2016 and later nc750x. The bolt pattern and position is completely different. Parabellum was great to work with. They refunded all money including shipping and let me keep the windshield. Anyone need a 22 inch nc700 windshield?

I finally got my Parabellum shield and it did not fit. Not even close. Be aware that nc700 windshields do not fit the 2016 and later nc750x. The bolt pattern and position is completely different. Parabellum was great to work with. They refunded all money including shipping and let me keep the windshield. Anyone need a 22 inch nc700 windshield?

PM has been sent.

I am 6' 3" and tall in the body. I find the stock windshield on the nc750x pretty much useless. Wind noise is deafening and a lot of buffeting at high speed. I ordered a 24 inch from Parabellum. It's for an nc700 but I am hoping it will fit the nc750x. If not, it's going back.

PARABELLUM Replacement Windshield for the Honda NC700X
I'm trying to decide on madstad system or parabellum 24" -- I'm 6 1" and 33 in seem? Any advice??

I'm trying to decide on madstad system or parabellum 24" -- I'm 6 1" and 33 in seem? Any advice??
Madstad incorporates a large gap at the bottom by standing the screen off about 3". This gap or slot promotes a clean flow of air up both the front and back of the screen. The flow has little turbulence and is accelerated cleanly off the top of the screen where ideally it pretty much clears the rider's helmet. I've never used the Parabellum but I'll wager a dollar to a doughnut the tiny gap between the screen and bike can't allow enough air to fill the low pressure area behind it so air curls around the sides and top corners and brings noise and turbulence with it.

I am unapologetically a Madstad fan boy and have installed them on three quite different motorcycles and the comfort and lack of wind noise is remarkably similar.

Back