• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I Think I'm in Love!!!

belrix

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
installed-altrider-crash-bar-and-skid-plate-system-for-the-bmw-s-1000-xr.jpg

[video=youtube;vqaCyOYvUkw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vqaCyOYvUkw[/video]

I truly think I'm in love! If it had a frunk I don't think I could control myself.

Everyone should own a BMW motorcycle once in the their life, right?

belrix

It took me 1.25 motorcycles. It was that feeling I had when the dealer said that the slave cylinder went out on my 1150RT after 15,000 miles and that the fluid probably ruined the clutch plates . It was a used bike with no warranty. Poorly maintained before I got it. The bill was over a grand. I would get another one, but some sage on this forum warned us that with the new ones 'They hook up the bike to the computer and your credit card to the cash register.'. Oh. BMW did pick up that bill. And that bike probably saved my life a year later...

Maybe if Beemerphile sells one of his some day. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

I agree with that statement. That bike looks super cool and is very fast as well. If you have the cash, I would say go for it. I had my 2003 K1200GT for about 4 years. It was super fun and fast. If the S1000XR was available back then I'm sure I would have purchased it. I'm in the stage of life where I wanted something less expensive to both buy and maintain and still have enough HP/Torque to take medium length trips. The DCT was a huge selling point as well since my clutch hand is ruined from years of shifting and working on a computer all day. After 6 months the NC has been the perfect bike for my needs.

Last edited:
It took me 1.25 motorcycles. It was that feeling I had when the dealer said that the slave cylinder went out on my 1150RT after 15,000 miles and that the fluid probably ruined the clutch plates . It was a used bike with no warranty. Poorly maintained before I got it.

When the slave cylinder leaks, it is almost always on a bike where the annual fluid changes were ignored. Most owners couldn't tell you where the bleed line is or how to bleed it since it has a grub screw in the end of it. If I am "in there" for any reason, I always drill a relief hole inboard of the slave cylinder so that it will create a tell-tale leak to announce the issue. On the annual fluid changes you can tell that the seal is going because the fluid gets very dark. There isn't much reason for a failure that takes out the clutch.

The bill was over a grand. <snip> Oh. BMW did pick up that bill. And that bike probably saved my life a year later...

Sounds like a pretty solid brand experience to me.

Maybe if Beemerphile sells one of his some day. [emoji3]

It happens, though infrequently. I sold this baby three or four months ago for $3,000...

r1150r-2-S.jpg

Last edited:
I test-rode the XR 2 or 3 months ago and decided that I didn't want it. That being said, I can't quite get it out of my head.

Downsides: Vibey - this is a well-known complaint and many owners say it gets better with time and heavier bar-end weights. The one I rode went into a full-on vibration attack at about 5,000 rpm, it felt like an orbital sander and I don't just mean the handlebars, the whole bike was shaking. I also found the suspension a little too stiff for my liking, even on the softest setting. The engine gave off quite a bit of heat and I wasn't a fan of the exhaust note.

Upsides: Very comfy, it took me zero time to get used to it as the riding position and weight is quite similar to the NC. For DCT fans the BMW quick shifter is almost as good. The only time you really need to use the clutch is starting and stopping. It has all the electronic bells and whistles, some of which make the bike safer like traction control, wheelie control and lean sensitive ABS which means you can get on the brakes hard while banked over (though I didn't have the guts to try that one).

The bike is fast...really fast...really really fast. The roll-on in 6th gear is amazing. Downshifting to pass is totally unnecessary - but if you do downshift you're treated to a mad rush of acceleration unlike anything I have ever felt. The S1000RR is a bit quicker, but the XR should satisfy all but the craziest acceleration junkies. It's hard to believe that they sell bikes with this much power. This is really a sport bike in adventure bike clothing.

Belrix, you should test-ride one if you haven't yet. It looks like the one pictured in your post is set up for off-road. I can't imagine taking such a heavy beast off road but that's just me. It's an awesome machine, almost too awesome. That's the reason I can't get it out of my head.

Someday I will own a motorcycle like this but for now my NCX is enough bike for me!

Just day dreaming

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back