• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Skully just folded

I think the technology will come online, just with another company, more slowly, and more costly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad to hear this. This is definitely a great concept. However, this technology is very expensive and I believe it will only move forward if a major manufacturer like Bell, AGV, Arai, Shoei..etc.adopts it into a new model of theirs. Building this helmet from scratch with startup money and trying to build a distribution network, salespeople, back office, etc costs a fortune The likelihood that there would be any return on investment is probably very remote. I'm sure they had a hard time getting venture capital money as well. Note to self and this forum. Don't prepay for anything you buy from any small business unless you have clear knowledge of their financial situation. Even then I would be very careful. I have no problem putting a deposit down on a $650 Shoei helmet I bought at cycle gear but wouldn't give a company like Skully my hard earned cash until the helmet was in my hand and working as promised. Most people forget that a company can go belly up and they won't owe you anything once they obtain bankruptcy protection because other creditors would be much higher on the food chain.

Are they guaranteed done? Other news outlets just report the Founder has been replaced by a new CEO

According to the TC article the booted CEO didn't even know it was closed until they called for his comment on the closing.

Back