• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi V35 Panniers on the 2016 models

HarveyM

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered the Givi V35 panniers, Givi-PLX1111 racks and GIVI 1111KIT adaptor plates for my 2016 NC750x. Once I tried fitting them I realized the adaptor plates aren’t long enough to clear the rear plastics! Supertux1 had the same problem fitting his Givi Trekkers here-
http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/11585-givi-trekker-1111kit-1111fz-2016-a.html

I looked and test fitted, and finally thought if I get just another inch or two length on the rear plates on either side, and then drill a couple holes in the new bits that’ll give me the clearance I need. I mocked up the extra extensions with card stock, a quick plea for a good welder on a local motorcycle forum and $20 had the modified plates in my hand.

The Givi adaptor kit fits under the grab bars
IMG_2038.jpg

Here's the shots of the modified Givi plates with extensions welded on (under the allen bolts)- the original holes aren't used.
They just clear the plastics!
IMG_2043.jpg

IMG_2044.jpg

with the racks attached
IMG_2045.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg
The allen bolts are on just for test fitting- The grab rails go on top of the adaptor plates!

Once the racks were on I had to fab up a wider bar to join the rear of the racks (upper my new bar made of 1/2 electrical conduit and painted, lower the original Givi bar
IMG_2050.jpg

IMG_2051.jpg

IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2057.jpg

A quick test run went off without a hitch.
Next up is to change out the Honda alloy bolts for the grab rails to the steel ones Givi supplies (why I had a handful of allen bolts left over)!

EDIT:
Of course now I find Givi has a listing of products & part numbers on their Italian site for the 2016 NC models!
My Motorcycle

Last edited:
Back