• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Front End Rattle

Batdude

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had a 2016 nc750x for a couple of weeks. The roads here are sometimes nasty due to winter frost heaving the roads plus our fair share of potholes. In the last couple of days its developed a "rattle" in the front end when I hit a bump or pothole. It definately sounds like plastic rattling somewhere in the front near the dash display or somewhere around there. Its driving me crazy. Anyone else run into this?

Haven't run into this on my bike, but it is not uncommon for things to work themselves loose on a new bike. It's unlikely any type of major bolt/nut as Honda uses a very strong adhesive on them. I would grab some allen wrenches and a some sockets and go through all of the nuts and bolts to see if any are loose. If you really want to get technical you can use a torque wrench to tighten everything down to spec. For all of the smaller nuts and bolts I just hand tighten with an allen wrench and/or a quarter inch socket driver. I definitely use a torque wrench on the big weight bearing nuts and bolts though. So, check those as well. Take a look at all of your cable connections as well. I noticed that there is a cable guide near the front fender that can rattle from time to time.

I just remembered. I was hearing a rattle from the handlebar area at times, or at least I though that was where it was coming from. I eventually decided it was only happening over bumpy sections of the road at low speeds.

I eventually found it. The frunk lid is insufficiently braced against the lock latch, and this allows the latch to rattle over bumpy roads. It probably happens at speed also but wind roar drowns it out. Try pressing down on the lid next time you hear it and this may sort out your problem. I suppose the cure is to put a fresh rubber on the lid but once I knew what it was I just lived with it.

Perhaps this is happening on yours also ?

Back