• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

nc750 for U.S. in 2017?

Considering the 750 was introduced in 2014, but Honda USA decided to stay with the 700, my crystal ball says doubtful.
But, (as my wife will tell you) I don't know anything!

Anyone who knows, isn't saying or can't say. To me, the re-style this year without the move to the 750-ish engine suggests no 750 for the US market in the next year or two.

The 750 probably costs 2 cents more to produce and Honda USA's accounting department didn't like that.
:rolleyes:

But seriously... there are still several year old "new" 700s sitting at dealers.
If the 750 were released in the US, they would have even more trouble selling the old 700s.
Pretty weird for a bike that they supposedly sold over 30,000 of worldwide.

Last edited:
My NC700x was recently totaled. I replaced it with the new (last year) Versys 650 LT. If the NC750's were available in the US I probably would have went that route instead.

My NC700x was recently totaled. I replaced it with the new (last year) Versys 650 LT. If the NC750's were available in the US I probably would have went that route instead.
I would certainly be looking to trade my NC700X much sooner.

If this ever happens, there will probably be a lot of cheap used NC700Xs at dealers.
Good time for beginners to pick up a bike to learn on, or for people to get a 2nd bike for commuting and light adventure stuff.
If the price of gas jumps those used bikes will look really attractive.

I looked into purchasing a 2016 NC750XD from Canada (I have relatives there... fly in ride back...) and driving it across the border, but after several inquiries I gave up after hearing about the limited stock, red tape, tax and registration hassles.

That being said, I really like the LED lights. How hard/expensive do you think it would be to order the 750's head light and reflector / plastics? :)

That being said, I really like the LED lights. How hard/expensive do you think it would be to order the 750's head light and reflector / plastics? :)

This was already discussed in another thread. It looked like the subframe was unchanged. Go to an on line parts site and figure the prices. Seems like it was something like $400.

That being said, I really like the LED lights.
Get a pair of Clearwater Krista lamps. About $600 and when you sell the bike, you can take the lights with you. They will make the stock LED or halogen headlight look like a candle. Seriously. I have a pair mounted about the same height as the stock headlamp and they rock.

IMG_2768-L.jpg

Last edited:
Any decent set LED auxiliary lights will make the stock LED headlight look like a candle! My wife has OEM LED fog lights on her (EU-type) 2016 NC750XD with LED headlight, and these fog lights put the headlight in the shade. The LED headlight looks spiffy, but not very bright. We have not yet ridden in the dark, though.

Last edited:
Get a pair of Clearwater Krista lamps. About $600 and when you sell the bike, you can take the lights with you. They will make the stock LED or halogen headlight look like a candle. Seriously. I have a pair mounted about the same height as the stock headlamp and they rock.

IMG_2768-L.jpg
Turns night into day and makes it real easy to see deer and other deadly things of the night.

IMG_2768-L.jpg

Nice Ducati!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering the 750 was introduced in 2014, but Honda USA decided to stay with the 700, my crystal ball says doubtful.
But, (as my wife will tell you) I don't know anything!
You know nothing Jon snow! ....err sorry my game of thrones thing just kicked in..... been watching way too many episodes!!

I agree though, it hasn't found its way across the pond yet, I doubt it will at this point. What's a measly 50 cc's anyway?

Sent from my Moto X Pure using Tapatalk

75cc difference actually, but still fairly insignificant in real world performance.

We don't really care about cc's, right? We care about the result of those ccs. The actual performance numbers are

NC700x:
51hp @ 6250 rpm
46 ft lbs @ 4750 rpm

NC750x:
54hp @ 6250rpm
50 ft lbs @ 4750 rpm

Hmm that's so close that you might not feel much of a difference.

The 750 also has an extra balancing shaft and is smoother. I would appreciate that.

Honestly I felt the power on my NC700x was so close to being enough, but I sometimes wanted a little more. Really only when passing I think. The 750 might be just right.

Last edited:
The 750 weighs 10 or 12 lbs more and the gear ratios in the lower gears were raised a bit so the result is the extra power doesn't change performance significantly. The mpg is supposed to be a little better.

Back