• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Storm Trooper or Tron you decide

bamamate

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Trying out new gear I got. I learned the hard way from the ACL surgery and nerve damage from the surgery that sucking it up and buying the expensive protective gear is cheaper than the surgery.

2016_06_13_004 smaller.jpg

Good stuff! Can you disclose the brands and styles you bought (obviously the boots are Sidi). Where did you buy?

Looks like you are getting serious about the dirt. Even with all the equipment on, parts like knees still twist, shoulders still dislocate from impact, and impact still knocks your breath away when you land on your back. Even at that, us dirt riders are addicted and still keep coming back for more pain.

What, no Power Ranger option?

Dang, riding in the dirt must be dangerous or something. I rode thousands of miles on my dirt bikes as a teenager with jeans, work boots, a camo jacket and a cheap helmet from Green Light Auto. Of course, I was a teenager and immortal.

Good gear is important for safety and comfort.
Mike

After that pic, I am definitely going to make a ride to Conway for a picture! Where is the holster for the blaster?

Last edited:
Good stuff! Can you disclose the brands and styles you bought (obviously the boots are Sidi). Where did you buy?

The body armor is from velocity gear which I found on advrider. There are so many choices and price spread in armor I had no idea what to get. Ran across velocity on advrider which is a private individual that every couple of years has a run of armor made. The reviews were really good from the past years and he was having a sale on the last few he had from this year's run so I got it.

The knee braces are mobiusbrace.com X8. They came out last year and top MX riders are using them. Totally new design that helps prevents hyperextension and rotational damage. Kept reading reviews on the other choices that weren't good. braces falling down on the leg, don't protect the knee from rocks when bent, parts always breaking, etc. The Mobius doesn't have those issues and are designed to have the best twisting and extension protection. Biggest downside from reviews is they are hot. So I went with the new guys. Plus they answered my email questions same day. I got them from Revzilla.

Boots are Sidi Crossfire 2 SRS. Reading around I decided to move up to a motrocross style boot and without a doubt the Sidi Crossfire were the top rated and most recommended. The amount of protection is way higher than the ADV boots. They are harder to walk in but I've never walked a lot in my ADV boots as I carry other shoes on trips. Even found a lot of people were using them on ADV bikes. Was a hard decision between the regular Crossfire and the SRS version. The SRS the sole is held on by 1/4 turn screws so you can replace them yourself and they have 3 different style soles. The regular Crossfire have sown on sole that can be replaced but I figured after paying to get them sown it would be about the same price. Also liked how the toe has a plastic shield covering the top of the toe on the SRS. While they aren't sold as waterproof there are lots a reviews on how they are at least water resistant with riding in rain and walking across creeks with dry feet. The final factor was I found the SRS on sale at Chaparral Motorsports for $175 off. They only had the white and ugly Tenn orange trim, I wanted plain black, in my size at that price. Even though they weren't my preference in color I couldn't beat the price.

Back