• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Review of the new Africa Twin - and other stuff

Interesting mag. That AT looks almost exactly like the one shortly to be mine.......

One came in Shreveport today. The girl that sold me my Tenere knew I wanted to see it so she called me bright and early. It is a beautiful bike and if I could, I'd probably (maybe) get it. I'll really think about it for the next two years when they start getting traded in.

Attachments

• 20160514_103337.jpg
    20160514_103337.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 372
Has anyone noted whether the Africa Twin billboard on the fairing is a separate sticker that can be removed, or is it under the clear coat paint?

One came in Shreveport today. The girl that sold me my Tenere knew I wanted to see it so she called me bright and early. It is a beautiful bike and if I could, I'd probably (maybe) get it. I'll really think about it for the next two years when they start getting traded in.

Is the Dakar AT you where sitting on a DCT or a manual shift. Your picture is the first I have seen of anyone sitting on a AT at a dealership.

Is the Dakar AT you where sitting on a DCT or a manual shift. Your picture is the first I have seen of anyone sitting on a AT at a dealership.

Picture shows a lever by the left peg that appears to be linked to the transmission.

A riding mate who is a salesman at Russellville Honda posted this yesterday.

The first Africa Twin to hit Arkansas today 9am. The buyer drove up from Dallas and left Russellville at 6pm. He is taking it home to prep it for a one month TAT ride in a few weeks.

13179443_10208131164628898_452858704011998580_n.jpg

I see no main stand. Is it an optional accessory?

That's one thing I can't understand about Honda. You build a bike like that, it should come with at the very least a centerstand!

It looks like you are comfortably flat-footing it. What is your inseam?

Must resist! I love my NCX, I love it!

Me too but - more power, more torque, better wind protection, more advanced DCT, better suspension, adjustable traction control and throw in the capability of some off-roading - this is a tough one to resist. And now thanks to OCR I know that my 32" inseam would have me paddling it around like a happy duck. The only thing that may save me is the lack of availability. Aw heck, I'll take a silver one.

542a827435eccb53295a75e98898129d_zpsrcxnr0wu.jpg

Back