• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda NM4

ALF

Reaction score
Visit site
would any of you trade a NC for the NM4??? I like the looks, I would love to get one....but for 10K OUCH.....

NM4_2016_01.jpg

I wouldn't trade the NC for anything other than a Africa Twin DCT or VFR1200 DCT. If I were going to trade the NC.

But the NM4 will def turn some heads, I can't take it seriously with the engine.

Primum non Nocere

Honda only allocated 1 NM4 per dealer in the US during 2015-2016. They reportedly sold out in most dealers within days or weeks. I'm afraid we will see them mostly in pictures and not in the wild. Honda does somethings just because they can.

If you thought the CTX was laid back, cruiser style riding, wait'll you ride the NM4. The pegs are waaaay out there. I tried one at the Honda demo truck last year, well, just because I could.

Actually I think the NM4 looks better than the majority of the models Harley-Davidson builds, if for no other reason than that's it's different, and not the same old crap unchanged for the last 50 years. I do think it would look better in an actual color, not just black.

Last edited:
I would rather have a bent walking stick. Are you required to wear a Batman suit when you ride it?
That was funny the first twenty or so times I read it. Then again the fairing on your 1150 reminded me of the Dagmar bumpers of the 1950s and I posted as much when I saw it. You took it in good stride.

I sat on one and I couldn't stop laughing. If you've seen pictures of once acctractive women who ran into a bad plastic surgeon well...... and yes the cruiser seating position was extreme and I came from a Harley background, Dyna with forward controls.

That was funny the first twenty or so times I read it. Then again the fairing on your 1150 reminded me of the Dagmar bumpers of the 1950s and I posted as much when I saw it. You took it in good stride.

I am off the bell curve enough in my likes and dislikes to have become accustomed long ago to folks thinking otherwise. To which I say, "Some folks are wise, but most are otherwise."

BTW, the 1150 has a new caretaker now. Lots of good memories on that bike.

Last edited:
I saw one at a local dealer last year, it was on a pedestal and I thought the way it was presented it had to be the most expensive bike on the floor...

It's gone this year, and I'm guessing no one bought it since they post all new bike purchases to their FB feed. Reminds me of the shark faced DN-01 (Do Not 0rder 1)

All of these "because we could" atrocities (Rune, DN-01, and this mess) may well become priceless collectibles like the Edsels that some people squirreled away long enough for them to become sought after. Get 'em while they're cheap. I have a friend who bought a Rune and put it away, but he now thinks he won't live long enough to break even on it. His wife calls it "that thing".

All of these "because we could" atrocities (Rune, DN-01, and this mess) may well become priceless collectibles like the Edsels that some people squirreled away long enough for them to become sought after. Get 'em while they're cheap. I have a friend who bought a Rune and put it away, but he now thinks he won't live long enough to break even on it. His wife calls it "that thing".
At the end of the day Honda is a company that though conservative to a fault in many ways feels comfortable enough take risks and can do things like the Rune, DN-01, NM4 because they can and they want to. Should they is certainly open to discussion but no one sells as many motorcycles as they do and they can seemingly afford to make these out-of-the-box products without penalty beyond the jokes.

At the end of the day Honda is a company that though conservative to a fault in many ways feels comfortable enough take risks and can do things like the Rune, DN-01, NM4 because they can and they want to. Should they is certainly open to discussion but no one sells as many motorcycles as they do and they can seemingly afford to make these out-of-the-box products without penalty beyond the jokes.

Well said. Honda certainly deserves praise for their variety and their wild endeavors, as opposed to stuck-in-a-rut Harley-Davidson. I think the consumer should encourage new, different products, but mostly people snicker or scoff at them.

Last edited:
They seem to have a sense of humor about it. I remember a prototype stand-up single person urban vehicle that looked like a bright red phone booth with a wheel at each corner. It looked like if you stopped fast you would fall over on your face. Someone asked the President of Honda if they were going to make a blue one. He said "No, because then there would be two of them."

Those mentioned models are not the only models that Honda made just because they could. Back in 1976 Honda came out with the CB750A Hondamatic and brought it to the public to show their engineering prowess and to step outside of the conventional box sort of speak. It was only sold in North America, so only we had to bear this burden.

It was not accepted widely by the public for good reasons. I owned one back the early 1990's, it was under powered and heavier than the CB750K models. I was also slow and accelerated like a snail.

750Hondamatic.jpg

Attachments

• 6250842.jpg
    6250842.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 88
Those mentioned models are not the only models that Honda made just because they could. Back in 1976 Honda came out with the CB750A Hondamatic and brought it to the public to show their engineering prowess and to step outside of the conventional box sort of speak. It was only sold in North America, so only we had to bear this burden.

It was not accepted widely by the public for good reasons. I owned one back the early 1990's, it was under powered and heavier than the CB750K models. I was also slow and accelerated like a snail.

Well in some way Honda succeeded because they got you to buy one. ;)

Well in some way Honda succeeded because they got you to buy one. ;)

Quite honestly I was only 17 years old at the time and didn't know any better. My friend's father got it through a swap meet deal and it was in poor condition, barely running. He wanted about $300 for the bike. I traded him a working Apple IIC clone computer that I got for free and a dot matrix printer for the bike. The bike had bates saddlebags missing the covers, a Vetter fairing with a broken wind shield. I put the bike into a simi-presentable state of appearance and got it running a lot better. I wish I had a picture of the bike to show you all, it looked like it was unearthed from the Temple of Doom. Regardless, the bike was still a "DOG" when compared to it's cousin the CB750K, I got to ride one of those back at that time too.

Last edited:
Back